    i can't get through to orcon and thought posting here would be quicker
    if anyone else knows what its likely to be...? i'm connecting through a
    router and have that set as gateway and primary dns.
    gimp, Mar 23, 2006

  2. "gimp" <> wrote in message
    news:KADUf.8198$...
    > with my work e-mail i'm having major issues with orcon, basically checking
    > e-mail results in an immediate timeout error. sometimes i can get e-mail
    > but it takes like 50 attempts before the start to come through, i also get
    > timeouts with the news server, although web browsing is fine.
    >
    > i can't get through to orcon and thought posting here would be quicker if
    > anyone else knows what its likely to be...? i'm connecting through a
    > router and have that set as gateway and primary dns.

    Sucks huh!!

    At least, with Xtra there are very few problems.

    people are continually having probs with orcon and the other hanger ons.
    news.xtra.co.nz, Mar 24, 2006

  3. gimp

    lolinternets Guest

    news.xtra.co.nz wrote:

    > Sucks huh!!
    >
    > At least, with Xtra there are very few problems.

    Just because you don't see them doesn't mean they don't happen.

    Xtra were rejecting mail about a week ago due to running out of disk space.

    There have been a number of huge problems with Xtra mail in the last 12
    months.
    lolinternets, Mar 24, 2006
  4. gimp

    David Guest

    gimp wrote:
    > with my work e-mail i'm having major issues with orcon, basically
    > checking e-mail results in an immediate timeout error. sometimes i can
    > get e-mail but it takes like 50 attempts before the start to come
    > through, i also get timeouts with the news server, although web browsing
    > is fine.
    >
    > i can't get through to orcon and thought posting here would be quicker
    > if anyone else knows what its likely to be...? i'm connecting through a
    > router and have that set as gateway and primary dns.

    Same problem here at home; sometimes it's just really slow, other times
    it times out. Occasionally if I just press send/receive again it works
    fine, usually it comes right after a few hours.

    I don't use their internet or news service so I can't comment there.
    David, Mar 24, 2006
  5. gimp

    lolinternets Guest

    news.xtra.co.nz wrote:

    > At least, with Xtra there are very few problems.

    Even funnier - their SMTP has been down since about lunchtime.
    lolinternets, Mar 24, 2006
  6. On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 17:30:06 +1200, lolinternets wrote:

    > news.xtra.co.nz wrote:
    >
    >> At least, with Xtra there are very few problems.

    > Even funnier - their SMTP has been down since about lunchtime.

    Yeah the cleaning lady tripping over the cable scenario seems even more
    likely the message is insufficient system storage :)
    David A' Rebel, Mar 24, 2006