    Bah! What a let-down.

    Now re-arranged for Friday (the 13th!!). Staying clear of spiders and
    mirrors this week.

    Maincat, Jul 9, 2007

  2. Maincat

    djpimpdaddy Guest

    On Jul 9, 11:39 am, "Maincat" <> wrote:
    > Two hours before I was due to take 70-272, the exam centre called to say
    > they had to cancel my exam because they couldn't connect (I assume to MS).
    > Bah! What a let-down.
    >
    > Now re-arranged for Friday (the 13th!!). Staying clear of spiders and
    > mirrors this week.

    That sucks. Did you at least offer to troubleshoot their connection
    issue in leiu of payment? = )

    djpimpdaddy, Jul 9, 2007

  3. Maincat

    Maincat Guest

    "djpimpdaddy" <> wrote in message
    > On Jul 9, 11:39 am, "Maincat" <> wrote:
    >> Two hours before I was due to take 70-272, the exam centre called to say
    >> they had to cancel my exam because they couldn't connect (I assume to
    >> MS).
    >> Bah! What a let-down.
    >>
    >> Now re-arranged for Friday (the 13th!!). Staying clear of spiders and
    >> mirrors this week.

    > That sucks. Did you at least offer to troubleshoot their connection
    > issue in leiu of payment? = )

    Nope - I should have done though.
    Is that what happens - do exam centres connect to MS exam servers or do they
    hold the exams locally?

    Maincat, Jul 9, 2007
  4. Maincat

    djpimpdaddy Guest

    On Jul 9, 2:05 pm, "Maincat" <> wrote:
    > "djpimpdaddy" <> wrote in message
    >
    > news:...> On Jul 9, 11:39 am, "Maincat" <> wrote:
    > >> Two hours before I was due to take 70-272, the exam centre called to say
    > >> they had to cancel my exam because they couldn't connect (I assume to
    > >> MS).
    > >> Bah! What a let-down.

    > >> Now re-arranged for Friday (the 13th!!). Staying clear of spiders and
    > >> mirrors this week.

    > > That sucks. Did you at least offer to troubleshoot their connection
    > > issue in leiu of payment? = )

    > Nope - I should have done though.
    > Is that what happens - do exam centres connect to MS exam servers or do they
    > hold the exams locally?

    They kinda VPN/Citrix into a Microsoft Server somewhere and you have
    no local control until the test is over. There also as a result will
    most likely be delays between questions depending upon the distance to
    said server, fluxes in the force, and a variable mathmatical equation
    about the Sound of Music. Every test I have taken has at least taken
    no more than 30 seconds to grade. That was the time when you kinda
    panic if it takes too long.

    I am hoping this info isn't taboo. If it is, disregard anything I just
    said and walk the other way whistling.

    djpimpdaddy, Jul 9, 2007
  5. You should definitely get bonus points if you help them with their
    connection. haha

    Keith Chilton, Jul 12, 2007