    lost.

    It would be greatly appreciated if someone could help.
    Thanx in advance!

    Northern Girl, Jan 6, 2005

  2. Northern Girl

    Billy Guest

    "Northern Girl" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have an ECS Elitegroup Mainboard; Socket A, L7VMM2.
    >
    > Chipset - VIA KM266(NB) & VT8235 (SB) Chipset
    >
    > On windows 98 startup it keeps searching for a PCI Communications
    > device and a PCI Universal Serial Bus device. These unknown devices

    are
    > also listed under "other" in Device Manager with a yellow question

    mark
    > next to them.
    >
    > I do not know what these devices are and my mainboard drivers disk was
    > lost.
    >
    > It would be greatly appreciated if someone could help.
    > Thanx in advance!

    Modem and USB.
    Try here.
    http://www.ecsusa.com/downloads/drivers_l7.html
    USB drivers.
    http://www.ecsusa.com/downloads/drivers_usb.html

    Billy, Jan 6, 2005

  3. Thank you for your prompt reply.

    The link to the USB drivers took care of that problem but I'm still
    left with needed drivers for the unknown communications device. My
    modem is not integrated but the driver is recognized. My ethernet
    adapter is integrated but its drivers are recognized as well.

    If you have any other suggestions they would be most welcome. Thank you.

    Northern Girl, Jan 6, 2005
  4. Northern Girl

    PC Guest

    >I have an ECS Elitegroup Mainboard; Socket A, L7VMM2.
    >
    > Chipset - VIA KM266(NB) & VT8235 (SB) Chipset
    >
    > On windows 98 startup it keeps searching for a PCI Communications
    > device and a PCI Universal Serial Bus device. These unknown devices are
    > also listed under "other" in Device Manager with a yellow question mark
    > next to them.
    >
    > I do not know what these devices are and my mainboard drivers disk was
    > lost.
    >
    > It would be greatly appreciated if someone could help.
    > Thanx in advance!

    Try Here for the motherboard

    http://www.ecsusa.com/downloads/drivers_l7.html

    The 'PCI communications device' is likely a modem, best identified by
    opening the case and looking for identifying numbers/names and 'Goggling'
    for the drivers.

    Cheers
    Paul.

    PC, Jan 6, 2005
  5. Northern Girl

    Joel Rubin Guest

    On 6 Jan 2005 09:48:55 -0800, "Northern Girl" <>
    wrote:

    >I have an ECS Elitegroup Mainboard; Socket A, L7VMM2.
    >
    >Chipset - VIA KM266(NB) & VT8235 (SB) Chipset
    >
    >On windows 98 startup it keeps searching for a PCI Communications
    >device and a PCI Universal Serial Bus device. These unknown devices are
    >also listed under "other" in Device Manager with a yellow question mark
    >next to them.
    >
    >I do not know what these devices are and my mainboard drivers disk was
    >lost.
    >
    >It would be greatly appreciated if someone could help.
    >Thanx in advance!

    If you want, you can download drivers at http://www.ecsusa.com or
    http://www.ecs.co.tw. I'm familiar with those sites because I have an
    ECS board.