Mailwasher question re PW

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by ritter197, Sep 18, 2005.

  1. ritter197

    ritter197 Guest

    I introduced to-day another of my friends to Mailwasher and the installation
    went without any problems.

    Only when he downloaded (or wanted to) messages the Sign-on window came up
    with his Username and Password already in it. But then a notice:

    "Authentication failed. Plaintext passwords not supported for this account"

    He uses Verizon for his ISP, same as I, and I have never seen this message.

    I went to mailwasher's FAQ and read all of them, but this is not explained.

    What does it mean and what does he need to do?

    ritter197, Sep 18, 2005