MailWasher problems.

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Chris Mitchell, Jan 24, 2004.

  1. I have been using Mailwasher for some time now, but recently I’ve been
    having some problems.

    I have two accounts, and now when I get messages all messages are
    seemingly received by both addresses, this despite the fact that I’ve
    posted test messages from another unrelated account to only one of the
    suspect accounts. I don’t recall having made any changes to MW, but I
    may have done so inadvertently. Any suggestions as to how to prevent this?

    Is there any way I can stop MW automatically marking SPAM for Bouncing?
    As far as I’m concerned this effectively confirms the email address,
    since the time difference between when the message was sent and when my
    bounce was received would be significantly different to the time
    difference if messages had been bounced by my ISPs servers. Or am I
    talking rubbish?

    Anyone aware of any other freebies that do the same or better than MW?

    TIA.
    --
    Regards.

    Chris.
    Please remove MAPSON (NOSPAM backwards) to reply to me by email.
    Chris Mitchell, Jan 24, 2004

  2. Chris Mitchell

    Solbu Guest

    Solbu, Jan 24, 2004

  3. Solbu wrote:

    OK. So how do I stop bouncing all together?

    I've tried Toolo/Options/General and Heuristic strength to None, and
    checked that Bounce is not enabled via the BlackList, but messages are
    still marked for Bouncing.

    Is there something else I should do?

    Chris Mitchell, Jan 26, 2004
  4. Chris Mitchell

    Solbu Guest

    Solbu, Jan 26, 2004
  5. Solbu wrote:

    Apologies for the delay in responding.

    Tried to do as suggested, but can't see how.

    I'm running MW1.32, and when I go to the Tools menu I have 3 options
    Check for new messages
    Accounts

    Neither Accounts nor Check for new messages have any options that are
    obvious to me to stop bouncing.

    Options has some references, but nothing other than Heuristic Strength
    that appears to apply globally.

    I've checked Tools/Options/Blacklist & friends list and neither of these
    have bounce enabled.

    Am I missing something?

    Where exactly do I find the global no bounce option referred to?

    Chris Mitchell, Feb 10, 2004
  6. Chris Mitchell

    Solbu Guest

    Solbu, Feb 10, 2004
  7. Solbu wrote:

    On my system Tools/Accounts/Properties doesn't show anything to do with
    bouncing. Or am I still looking in the wrong place?

    Chris Mitchell, Feb 11, 2004
  8. Chris Mitchell

    Solbu Guest

    Solbu, Feb 11, 2004