Mailwasher Only Half-Loads in Win XP

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Sens Fan Happy In Ohio, Oct 12, 2005.

  1. A system at work, running Win XP SP-2, uses Mailwasher 4.1 ... I think
    there's a 7.6 after all that ... not sure. Anyhow ... as soon as the user
    clicks on the Mailwasher icon the programs "seems" to load, yet never opens
    a window nor appears with an icon in the tray icon area. However ... when
    you check the Task Manager's running processes ... mailwasher.exe is there
    with a CPU number of 50 or 48, depending on when I view it. I've contacted
    the company that runs Mailwasher but they say "This seems to be an issue
    with Windows XP that you need to take up with Microsoft."

    HUH? It's their program ... it doesn't load properly ... and they pass the
    buck to Microshaft?! So I'm hoping someone has heard of this before and
    knows what to do. So far my only recourse has been to use System Restore
    and put the PC back to a day or two earlier when it was running. But I
    can't keep doing this forever and, as I said, Mailwasher is no help. I have
    thought of a complete uninstall and re-install of the program ... but not
    tried it.

    The PCs stats are: Windows XP SP-2, 256 x 3 RAM, P4 2.8Ghz.

    Thanks!!

    --
    Kyle :eek:)

    $1-million US dollars to sensfan_luvslisa (at) yahoo (dot) ca. Change the
    reply. Money gets faster attention :)
    Sens Fan Happy In Ohio, Oct 12, 2005

  2. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Sens Fan Happy In Ohio" <> wrote in

    > A system at work, running Win XP SP-2, uses Mailwasher 4.1 ... I think
    > there's a 7.6 after all that ... not sure. Anyhow ... as soon as the
    > user clicks on the Mailwasher icon the programs "seems" to load, yet
    > never opens a window nor appears with an icon in the tray icon area.
    > However ... when you check the Task Manager's running processes ...
    > mailwasher.exe is there with a CPU number of 50 or 48, depending on
    > when I view it. I've contacted the company that runs Mailwasher but
    > they say "This seems to be an issue with Windows XP that you need to
    > take up with Microsoft."
    >
    > HUH? It's their program ... it doesn't load properly ... and they
    > pass the buck to Microshaft?! So I'm hoping someone has heard of this
    > before and knows what to do. So far my only recourse has been to use
    > System Restore and put the PC back to a day or two earlier when it was
    > running. But I can't keep doing this forever and, as I said,
    > Mailwasher is no help. I have thought of a complete uninstall and
    > re-install of the program ... but not tried it.
    >
    > The PCs stats are: Windows XP SP-2, 256 x 3 RAM, P4 2.8Ghz.
    >
    > Thanks!!

    What kind of company is this that would even use MW in the work place?

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Oct 12, 2005

  3. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    Silvabod Guest

    Mailwasher pro 4.1 works just fine in standalone systems, in both XPHome and
    XPPro.
    Unclear as to whether you are running it on "standalone" or via a server -
    if the latter, you need to check the forum/FAQ's (click the "about" tab in
    Mailwasher for the link)

    If "standalone", perhaps it wasn't installed properly - all progs incl
    firewall and anti-virus temporarily disabled - or it's not configured to
    access the internet through the firewall - just a couple of thoughts, having
    successfully installed/re-installed it thrice, thanks to crashes and later,
    a new pc.

    Unlikely to be an XP problem - too many happy Mailwasher users, few problems
    reported!

    Silvabod, Oct 12, 2005
  4. In news:nU63f.6509$, Silvabod
    <> first attempted to communicate with pen, but the writing
    was small, so next used sidewalk chalk, but the rain washed it away, and
    then switched to spray paint and stencils but the cans exploded, so placed
    fingers to keyboard for this:

    > Mailwasher pro 4.1 works just fine in standalone systems, in both
    > XPHome and XPPro.
    > Unclear as to whether you are running it on "standalone" or via a
    > server - if the latter, you need to check the forum/FAQ's (click the
    > "about" tab in Mailwasher for the link)
    >
    > If "standalone", perhaps it wasn't installed properly - all progs incl
    > firewall and anti-virus temporarily disabled - or it's not configured
    > to access the internet through the firewall - just a couple of
    > thoughts, having successfully installed/re-installed it thrice,
    > thanks to crashes and later, a new pc.
    >
    > Unlikely to be an XP problem - too many happy Mailwasher users, few
    > problems reported!

    It's a stand-alone program on this particular PC that handles all the
    incoming e-mail for the company (small company - only 3 people have e-mail).
    I'm going to try un-installing and re-installing tomorrow now that I've
    dealt with the other issues with this PC and another at work. But you're
    right ... I've always had good results with it and when I started here I
    suggested they use it as a way to prevent spam, viruses, etc. It's worked
    well ... until this past week.

    Just don't get where Mailwasher's parent company would be saying it's a
    Windows XP issue either. Very odd.
    Sens Fan Happy In Ohio, Oct 13, 2005
  5. In news:Xns96ECDA7184CEDnotmenotmecom@207.217.125.201, Duane Arnold
    <> first attempted to communicate with pen, but the writing
    was small, so next used sidewalk chalk, but the rain washed it away, and
    then switched to spray paint and stencils but the cans exploded, so placed
    fingers to keyboard for this:

    > What kind of company is this that would even use MW in the work place?
    >
    > Duane :)

    Well maybe it is a small company ... ever stop to think of that? No ...
    guess not. Thanks for the assistance ... not!
    Sens Fan Happy In Ohio, Oct 13, 2005
  6. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    > In news:Xns96ECDA7184CEDnotmenotmecom@207.217.125.201, Duane Arnold
    > <> first attempted to communicate with pen, but the
    > writing was small, so next used sidewalk chalk, but the rain washed it
    > away, and then switched to spray paint and stencils but the cans
    > exploded, so placed fingers to keyboard for this:
    >>
    >> What kind of company is this that would even use MW in the work
    >> place?
    >>
    >> Duane :)

    > Well maybe it is a small company ... ever stop to think of that? No
    > ... guess not. Thanks for the assistance ... not!

    Out of Ohio, you know where to stick it and no I would not be using
    Mailwasher in a business situation under any circumstances and I use the
    damn product on my personal machines at home.

    You take your comment and stick right up your ass.

    Duane
    Duane Arnold, Oct 13, 2005
  7. In news:Xns96EDE73D9BCFCnotmenotmecom@207.217.125.201, Duane Arnold
    <> first attempted to communicate with pen, but the writing
    was small, so next used sidewalk chalk, but the rain washed it away, and
    then switched to spray paint and stencils but the cans exploded, so placed
    fingers to keyboard for this:

    > Out of Ohio, you know where to stick it and no I would not be using
    > Mailwasher in a business situation under any circumstances and I use
    > the damn product on my personal machines at home.
    >
    > You take your comment and stick right up your ass.
    >
    > Duane

    You'd probably enjoy something getting stuck right up yours ... hence the
    comments. Lame shit.
    Sens Fan Happy In Ohio, Oct 14, 2005
  8. >
    > You'd probably enjoy something getting stuck right up yours ... hence
    > the comments. Lame shit.

    What you can do K-Snake-Shit-Girl you POS is ask your mama about how I stuck
    up her ass. She'll tell you how much she enjoyed it. Have you talked to your
    K-Daddy lately about those problems between you and him that you have had
    over the years -- (those dreams) that lead to your fucked-up BS out here on
    the Internet you cannot control? Hey, ask those K-Rug-Rats of yours about K-
    Granny they will tell you about that *HO*. You cannot protect the K-Rug-Rats
    like you think you can do. Hey, maybe if they hang around K-Granddaddy, they
    will get schooled just like you did and become scum too.

    <g>
    Duane ArnoldWhat, Oct 14, 2005
  9. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Hey, K-Snake-Shit-Girl you POS where are you?

    <Let's have a conversation here K-Snake-Shit-Girl you POS about your POS
    family.>

    <We'll focus in a little bit on your little K-Rug-Rats.>

    <How are those little POS(s) doing these days?>

    <How many little POS(s) do you have slithering around the the snake pit?>

    <The audience (your adoring fans) want to know.>

    <VBG>
    Duane Arnold, Oct 14, 2005
  10. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Re: Hey, K-Snake-Shit-Girl you POS where are you?

    > <How many little POS(s) do you have slithering around the snake pit?>

    (I wanted to make that correction I know how you like to hang on every
    little thing K-Rigthous.)

    <VBG>
    Duane Arnold, Oct 14, 2005
  11. In news:Xns96EEE536060B6notmenotmecom@207.217.125.201, Duane ArnoldWhat
    <> first attempted to communicate with pen, but the writing
    was small, so next used sidewalk chalk, but the rain washed it away, and
    then switched to spray paint and stencils but the cans exploded, so placed
    fingers to keyboard for this:

    > What you can do K-Snake-Shit-Girl you POS is ask your mama about how
    > I stuck up her ass. She'll tell you how much she enjoyed it. Have you
    > talked to your K-Daddy lately about those problems between you and
    > him that you have had over the years -- (those dreams) that lead to
    > your fucked-up BS out here on the Internet you cannot control? Hey,
    > ask those K-Rug-Rats of yours about K- Granny they will tell you
    > about that *HO*. You cannot protect the K-Rug-Rats like you think you
    > can do. Hey, maybe if they hang around K-Granddaddy, they will get
    > schooled just like you did and become scum too.

    So you're a necrophiliac ... congrats, dickweed! Glad to know you get it on
    with the dead, dipshit.
    Sens Fan Happy In Ohio, Oct 15, 2005
  12. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    > In news:Xns96EEE536060B6notmenotmecom@207.217.125.201, Duane
    > ArnoldWhat <> first attempted to communicate with pen,
    > but the writing was small, so next used sidewalk chalk, but the rain
    > washed it away, and then switched to spray paint and stencils but the
    > cans exploded, so placed fingers to keyboard for this:
    >>
    >> What you can do K-Snake-Shit-Girl you POS is ask your mama about how
    >> I stuck up her ass. She'll tell you how much she enjoyed it. Have you
    >> talked to your K-Daddy lately about those problems between you and
    >> him that you have had over the years -- (those dreams) that lead to
    >> your fucked-up BS out here on the Internet you cannot control? Hey,
    >> ask those K-Rug-Rats of yours about K- Granny they will tell you
    >> about that *HO*. You cannot protect the K-Rug-Rats like you think you
    >> can do. Hey, maybe if they hang around K-Granddaddy, they will get
    >> schooled just like you did and become scum too.
    >>

    > So you're a necrophiliac ... congrats, dickweed! Glad to know you get
    > it on with the dead, dipshit.

    Stick it up your ass! :)
    Duane Arnold, Oct 15, 2005
  13. In news:Xns96EFBE274804Dnotmenotmecom@207.217.125.201, Duane Arnold
    <> first attempted to communicate with pen, but the writing
    was small, so next used sidewalk chalk, but the rain washed it away, and
    then switched to spray paint and stencils but the cans exploded, so placed
    fingers to keyboard for this:

    > Stick it up your ass! :)

    Make up your mind ... do you **** the dead ... or do you want to **** men?
    Sheeesh ... guess he's one of those tri-sexuals ... will try anything ;-)
    Sens Fan Happy In Ohio, Oct 15, 2005
  14. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Yeah, Yeah and OKAY DOKEY you're RIGHTOUS! <g>

    <Yeah, Yeah, and OKAY DOKEY whatever the Hell it is you're whining about
    now that I am not bothering to read, you are RIGHT. Whatever it is you're
    bitiching about you're RIGHT. I AGREE with you. You're RIGHT.>

    <You just keep on whining, bitching, posting and sticking it all RIGHT up
    that ass of yours and be happy that you're alive and that you're so, so
    RIGHT.>

    <Whatever it is you're RIGHT!>

    <You're RIGHT.>

    <I AGREE!>

    <RIGHT!>

    <BYE>

    <VBG>
    Duane Arnold, Oct 15, 2005
  15. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Re: Tales fromthe K-Cyberspace-HO you POS

    <K-Snake-Shit-Girl you POS as much as you want me to read your post.>
    <K-Snake-Shit-Girl you POS as much as you need me to read your post.>
    <K-Snake-Shit-Girl you POS as much as you have to have me to read your
    post.>
    <K-Snake-Shit-Girl you POS you read your posts. :)>
    <K-Snake-Shit-Girl you POS you continue to read my post, because you have to
    read the post. :)>
    <K-Snake-Shit-Girl you POS you got no balls you never had any and you got no
    overies too.>
    <K-Daddy didn't know what you were when he was schooling you so he ripped
    all of it out.>
    <K-Snake-Shit-Girl you POS protect your little K-Rug-Rats and don't let it
    happen to those little POS(s) too .<g>>

    <K-Snake-Shit-Girl you POS whatever it is you're whining, bitching and
    posting about, of couse you're RIGHT.>

    <I AGREE with you.>
    <I AGREE!>
    <You're RIGHT.>
    <OKAY DOKEY!>
    <RIGHT!>
    <You're the IT!>

    <VBG>
    Duane Arnold, Oct 15, 2005
  16. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    Rebecca Guest

    Duane Arnold wrote:
    > <K-Snake-Shit-Girl you POS as much as you want me to read your post.>
    > <K-Snake-Shit-Girl you POS as much as you need me to read your post.>
    > <K-Snake-Shit-Girl you POS as much as you have to have me to read your
    > post.>
    > <K-Snake-Shit-Girl you POS you read your posts. :)>
    > <K-Snake-Shit-Girl you POS you continue to read my post, because you
    > have to read the post. :)>
    > <K-Snake-Shit-Girl you POS you got no balls you never had any and you
    > got no overies too.>
    > <K-Daddy didn't know what you were when he was schooling you so he
    > ripped all of it out.>
    > <K-Snake-Shit-Girl you POS protect your little K-Rug-Rats and don't
    > let it happen to those little POS(s) too .<g>>
    >
    > <K-Snake-Shit-Girl you POS whatever it is you're whining, bitching
    > and posting about, of couse you're RIGHT.>
    >
    > <I AGREE with you.>
    > <I AGREE!>
    > <You're RIGHT.>
    > <OKAY DOKEY!>
    > <RIGHT!>
    > <You're the IT!>
    >
    > <VBG>

    Netloon.
    Rebecca, Oct 15, 2005
  17. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    Dr. Bill Guest

    Duane Arnold wrote:
    > <K-Snake-Shit-Girl you POS as much as you want me to read your post.>
    > <K-Snake-Shit-Girl you POS as much as you need me to read your post.>
    > <K-Snake-Shit-Girl you POS as much as you have to have me to read your
    > post.>
    > <K-Snake-Shit-Girl you POS you read your posts. :)>
    > <K-Snake-Shit-Girl you POS you continue to read my post, because you
    > have to read the post. :)>
    > <K-Snake-Shit-Girl you POS you got no balls you never had any and you
    > got no overies too.>
    > <K-Daddy didn't know what you were when he was schooling you so he
    > ripped all of it out.>
    > <K-Snake-Shit-Girl you POS protect your little K-Rug-Rats and don't
    > let it happen to those little POS(s) too .<g>>
    >
    > <K-Snake-Shit-Girl you POS whatever it is you're whining, bitching
    > and posting about, of couse you're RIGHT.>
    >
    > <I AGREE with you.>
    > <I AGREE!>
    > <You're RIGHT.>
    > <OKAY DOKEY!>
    > <RIGHT!>
    > <You're the IT!>
    >
    > <VBG>

    Oh dear, Duanetard, the idiot, escaped from my loony bin, I have to get a
    new straight jacket for you!
    http://www.speakersoperatingsolutions.com/Publicity - Straight Jacket2.jpg
    Dr. Bill, Oct 15, 2005
  18. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    relic Guest

    Dr. Bill wrote:
    > Duane Arnold wrote:
    >> <K-Snake-Shit-Girl you POS as much as you want me to read your post.>
    >> <K-Snake-Shit-Girl you POS as much as you need me to read your post.>
    >> <K-Snake-Shit-Girl you POS as much as you have to have me to read
    >> your post.>
    >> <K-Snake-Shit-Girl you POS you read your posts. :)>
    >> <K-Snake-Shit-Girl you POS you continue to read my post, because you
    >> have to read the post. :)>
    >> <K-Snake-Shit-Girl you POS you got no balls you never had any and you
    >> got no overies too.>
    >> <K-Daddy didn't know what you were when he was schooling you so he
    >> ripped all of it out.>
    >> <K-Snake-Shit-Girl you POS protect your little K-Rug-Rats and don't
    >> let it happen to those little POS(s) too .<g>>
    >>
    >> <K-Snake-Shit-Girl you POS whatever it is you're whining, bitching
    >> and posting about, of couse you're RIGHT.>
    >>
    >> <I AGREE with you.>
    >> <I AGREE!>
    >> <You're RIGHT.>
    >> <OKAY DOKEY!>
    >> <RIGHT!>
    >> <You're the IT!>
    >>
    >> <VBG>

    > Oh dear, Duanetard, the idiot, escaped from my loony bin, I have to
    > get a new straight jacket for you!
    > http://www.speakersoperatingsolutions.com/Publicity - Straight Jacket2.jpg

    OMG! That's really the Duanetard.

    --
    Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it.
    That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.
    relic, Oct 15, 2005
  19. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Re: Tales fromthe K-Cyberspace-HO you POS

    > Netloon.

    And I am proud of it too. ;)

    <VBG>
    Duane Arnold, Oct 15, 2005
  20. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Re: Tales fromthe K-Cyberspace-HO you POS

    Pickel *Relish*, you continue scrape yourself off of K-Girl's ass. :)

    <g>
    Duane Arnold, Oct 15, 2005