    I must be missing something (brain?), I can't believe that such an
    obvious filter is not available in OE.
    TIA

    Smirnoff, Jan 31, 2004

  2. Smirnoff

    Spider Guest

    You could do it with two rules.
    Rule 1 - If To line contains (your email address) stop processing more
    rules.
    Rule 2 - For all messages (Delete) (move to Deleted Items folder) (Delete
    from Server) or what ever you want to do with all messages that don't fit
    other criteria.
    You should position Rule 2 at the bottom so it is the last rule read. If
    you have any other rules above it you should end each rule with "stop
    processing more rules"

    --
    Spider
    http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1/spiderweb1.htm

    Spider, Jan 31, 2004

  3. Smirnoff

    Smirnoff Guest

    Smirnoff wrote:
    > Mailwasher has a straightforward option that enables you to filter any
    > message that does not contain your e-mail address in the "To" field.
    > It lists this as (not surprisingly) "Not to me"
    > Trying to create the same thing in OE Message Rules, I notice that
    > there is not an option that states "Where the message DOES NOT
    > contain...." i.e. where you insert your own address.
    > There is an option "For all messages" in the Conditions section but
    > there is no underlined value to edit it.
    > Can this be used to create what I want and if so how?
    > I must be missing something (brain?), I can't believe that such an

    obvious filter is not available in OE.
    > TIA

    Answered my own question again.
    For those who may have been wondering about the same thing:
    Select "Where the 'To' line contains people....
    Select what action you want to take in the second panel (might be worth
    selecting "highlight with colour" first, just to see if it works) you
    can opt for "delete from server" later if ok.
    Click the underlined "contains people" in the third panel.
    Enter your e-mail address(es) and add one by one.
    Select "Options". This allows you to change rule to "Where the 'To' line
    DOES NOT contain....
    Apply and "Apply now"
    Trying it this way first will, hopefully, not cause too many problems.

    Smirnoff, Jan 31, 2004
  4. Smirnoff

    Smirnoff Guest

    Thanks, I suppose my way was a bit long winded.

    Smirnoff, Jan 31, 2004