    Operation".

    --
    Terry, East Grinstead, UK
    Terry Pinnell, May 1, 2008

  2. Terry Pinnell

    Guest

    On May 1, 4:19 pm, Terry Pinnell <> wrote:
    > Any MailWasher (free) users around please? I'm using the latest 6.1
    > version on my new XP Pro PC. All seems to work OK, but whenever I
    > shut-down my PC I get a message headed MailWasher: "Invalid Pointer
    > Operation".
    >
    > --
    > Terry, East Grinstead, UK

    Either google or uninstall, make sure all entries are gone &
    reinstall.

    Invalid Pointer Operation

    http://www.google.com.au/search?q=Invalid Pointer Operation&hl=en&pwst=1&start=0&sa=N
    , May 1, 2008

  3. Terry Pinnell

    why? Guest

    posted to 24HSHD only.

    On Thu, 01 May 2008 09:19:18 +0100, Terry Pinnell wrote:

    >Any MailWasher (free) users around please? I'm using the latest 6.1
    >version on my new XP Pro PC. All seems to work OK, but whenever I
    >shut-down my PC I get a message headed MailWasher: "Invalid Pointer
    >Operation".

    www.google.com
    Results 1 - 10 of about 176 for
    mailwasher free invalid pointer
    .. (0.45 seconds)

    Just under the the links to your question
    [ groups.google.com/group/alt.comp.freeware/
    groups.google.fr/group/24hoursupport.helpdesk/ ]
    there is the same question asked in a CastleCops forum, poster says they
    searched and found a fix.

    It also tells you how to enable error logging to report it.

    Change the search a bit, and the CC post is first

    Results 1 - 10 of about 123 for
    mailwasher invalid pointer operation
    .. (0.21 seconds)

    MW / Support / Forum
    http://www.castlecops.com/forum-cat15.html
    search for the ereror message and quite a few posts.

    Me
    why?, May 1, 2008
  4. Terry Pinnell

    Aardvark Guest

    On Thu, 01 May 2008 09:19:18 +0100, Terry Pinnell wrote:

    > Any MailWasher (free) users around please? I'm using the latest 6.1
    > version on my new XP Pro PC. All seems to work OK, but whenever I
    > shut-down my PC I get a message headed MailWasher: "Invalid Pointer
    > Operation".

    Shit happens.

    --
    Liverpool. European City Of Culture 2008
    http://www.liverpool08.com
    Aardvark, May 2, 2008
  5. Terry Pinnell

    karmalube Guest

    "Aardvark" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 01 May 2008 09:19:18 +0100, Terry Pinnell wrote:
    >
    >> Any MailWasher (free) users around please? I'm using the latest 6.1
    >> version on my new XP Pro PC. All seems to work OK, but whenever I
    >> shut-down my PC I get a message headed MailWasher: "Invalid Pointer
    >> Operation".

    > Shit happens.

    & you're the most current

    karmalube, May 2, 2008
  6. "Mr. Arnold" <MR. > wrote:

    >"Nicetameetya" <> wrote in message
    >> [Default] On Thu, 1 May 2008 18:46:53 -0400, "Mr. Arnold" <MR.
    >> > told us in complete confidence:
    >>

    >>>"Terry Pinnell" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>>That's a program error and a possible bug in the program. You need to
    >>>contact Mailwasher.

    >> BTW - I've found their tech guy to be very helpful. I phoned him
    >> (we're both in New Zealand) and, after solving my issue with MW, we
    >> ended up having a fair few laughs about the world in general.

    >I have used Mailwasher for many years, even on Vista and it works well to
    >filter emails and delete them at the POP3 server before Windows Mail starts.
    >Emails that I don't want never reach the computer.

    Thanks all, appreciate the replies.

    --
    Terry, East Grinstead, UK
    Terry Pinnell, May 2, 2008
  7. Terry Pinnell

    Klaatu Guest

    On Fri, 02 May 2008 07:14:24 GMT, Terry Pinnell posted to
    alt.comp.freeware:

    > Thanks all, appreciate the replies.

    Even Aardvark's?

    ;-)

    --
    A clear conscience is a sign of a bad memory
    - The Offspring
    Klaatu, May 2, 2008