    Outlook2000, not Control Panel.

    What could be the problem?

    Operating system is windows xp

    Ritter197, Dec 13, 2004

  2. Ritter197

    Guest

    Ritter197 wrote:
    > I have used Mailwasher for years but after installing MS Outlook it

    brings
    > up the Control Panel when I say to process mail.
    >
    > It does not bring up the Outlook, which it used to do.
    >
    > I looked at all the settings and they seem OK and definitely poit to
    > Outlook2000, not Control Panel.
    >
    > What could be the problem?
    >
    > Operating system is windows xp

    There is no option in mail washer that sets the mail program that is
    launched(at least not in version 2. I think it's just a matter of
    setting the default mail program (within the mail program itself).
    When I go into outlook express and select tools..options, and set it as
    the default mail program, then mail washer launches outlook express.
    You can also set the default mail program through IE. When you select -
    say - outlook express as your email program, then go into outlook
    tools..options, you'll see that outlook express becomes the default
    email program (even if it wasn't before).
    So whether you set it through IE or the mail program itself (OE in my
    case) doesn't matter.
    I can't see how the default mail program can be set to contorl panel.
    Maybe a program is playing a joke on you and has screwed with your
    registry. You may want to look into repairing/restoring/fixing that.

    , Dec 13, 2004

  3. Ritter197

    Ritter197 Guest

    I fixed it finally via RESTORE in windows xp.

    I can now access Outlook 2000 again, even though not automatically, but via
    a pull-down window.

    I used to have OE and there it was automatic.

    But at least no more Control Panel.

    Ritter197, Dec 14, 2004