    Essay King Guest

    Is the anti-spam programme Mailwasher any good? Or do you know of a better
    one? TIA.
    Essay King, Sep 28, 2003

  2. Bebop & Rocksteady, Sep 28, 2003

  3. Essay King

    anthonyberet Guest

    Essay King wrote:
    > Is the anti-spam programme Mailwasher any good? Or do you know of a
    > better one? TIA.

    Spampal is very good (though I wouldn't recommend it for 56k connections).
    -It will work with Mailwasher if you like, giving a very easy
    user-interface.
    However, as Spampal uses "real-time black-holes" (it blocks spam by blocking
    locations which have recently sent spam), it can get false-positives at
    times.
    I have recently started using a challenge-response system which works very
    well.
    www.bluebottle.com is the challenge-response system which I would have
    chosen if I had found it when I decided to try this approach.
    bounce.
    Do you use filesharing networks? If so, please visit my online poll:
    http://vote.sparklit.com/web_poll.spark/780772
    anthonyberet
    anthonyberet, Sep 28, 2003
  4. Essay King

    philo Guest

    "Essay King" <> wrote in message
    > Is the anti-spam programme Mailwasher any good? Or do you know of a better
    > one? TIA.

    although mail washer does not prevent spam
    it is an excellent way of filtering it out and deleting it right on the
    server

    the other day during the height of the false microsoft patch frenzy
    i would have been shut down were it not for mail washer.
    philo, Sep 28, 2003
  5. Essay King

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Essay King tried to scribble ...

    > Is the anti-spam programme Mailwasher any good?

    Yes .. ;)

    --
    .............................Paul - xxx
    Our old car for Auction http://tinyurl.com/osdj
    Paul - xxx, Sep 28, 2003
  6. Essay King

    Bigfred Guest

    I have used this in the past and thought it was better than mail washer, set
    it to aggressive mode and you will only get e mails from people in your
    address book. All spam is put into a recycle bin within the programme any
    new client mails can be removed from the bin and added to your address book.

    http://www.spamihilator.com/index2.php?lang=en

    Bigfred, Sep 28, 2003