    interface. Is that possible with only 1 public ip-adress? If so, how?

    TIA

    Alex

    Alexander Szigetvary, Sep 23, 2004

  2. "Alexander Szigetvary" <> skrev i en meddelelse
    > Hi NG!
    >
    > I got a PIX 501 and want to operate an Exchange server on the inside
    > interface. Is that possible with only 1 public ip-adress? If so, how?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Alex

    Hi Alex,

    Yes this is possible.
    you do this via PAT and port redirection in the static statement and a ACL
    on the outside interface.

    fx
    static (inside, outside) tcp interface 25 192.168.1.10 25 netmask
    255.255.255.255 0 0
    and a ACL permitting tcp/25
    access-list allowed-outside-in permit tcp any host <PUBLIC IP Here> eq 25
    access-group allowed-outside-in in interface outside

    Were 192.168.1.10 is the IP of the exch-svr and <PUBLIC IP Here> is your
    outside interface IP address.

    Additionally you might need a MX record pointing to your <PUBLIC IP Here>

    the above example will allow you to recieve SMTP mail on the internet.

    HTH

    Martin Bilgrav

    Martin Bilgrav, Sep 23, 2004