    --
    Regards

    Steve G

    SteveG, May 9, 2008

  2. SteveG

    SteveG Guest

    SteveG wrote:
    > Hi folks, I've not been in here for a while but I'm having a problem
    > adding contacts from the personal address book to a mailing list.
    >
    > I've tried left-click+drag (with CTRL or SHIFT selected too) but these
    > particular contacts refuse to be copied or moved.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    Sorry, should have mentioned I'm using Thunderbird 2.0.0.14

    --
    Regards

    Steve G

    SteveG, May 9, 2008

  3. SteveG wrote:
    > SteveG wrote:
    >> Hi folks, I've not been in here for a while but I'm having a problem
    >> adding contacts from the personal address book to a mailing list.
    >>
    >> I've tried left-click+drag (with CTRL or SHIFT selected too) but these
    >> particular contacts refuse to be copied or moved.
    >>
    >> Any suggestions?
    >>

    > Sorry, should have mentioned I'm using Thunderbird 2.0.0.14

    you should be able to click and drag them over. If that
    doesn't work, then its shift and drag.

    So you're saying none of these work?

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, May 9, 2008
  4. SteveG

    SteveG Guest

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > SteveG wrote:
    >> SteveG wrote:
    >>> Hi folks, I've not been in here for a while but I'm having a problem
    >>> adding contacts from the personal address book to a mailing list.
    >>>
    >>> I've tried left-click+drag (with CTRL or SHIFT selected too) but
    >>> these particular contacts refuse to be copied or moved.
    >>>
    >>> Any suggestions?
    >>>

    >> Sorry, should have mentioned I'm using Thunderbird 2.0.0.14
    >>

    > you should be able to click and drag them over. If that doesn't work,
    > then its shift and drag.
    >
    > So you're saying none of these work?

    Hi Peter, thanks for responding.

    Yes I've tried click-and-drag, CTRL-click-drag and shift-click-drag but
    none of them work.

    It's not every contact - just some. I've even tried deleting the contact
    and re-entering it and even re-entering it in the list itself. This last
    appears to work until I click on the main address book and then go back
    to the list, at which point the contact has disappeared again but is in
    the main address book.

    I'm confused (and somewhat frustrated) :)

    --
    Regards

    Steve G

    SteveG, May 9, 2008
  5. SteveG wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> SteveG wrote:

    >>> Sorry, should have mentioned I'm using Thunderbird 2.0.0.14
    >>>

    >> you should be able to click and drag them over. If that doesn't work,
    >> then its shift and drag.
    >>
    >> So you're saying none of these work?
    >>

    > Hi Peter, thanks for responding.
    >
    > Yes I've tried click-and-drag, CTRL-click-drag and shift-click-drag but
    > none of them work.
    >
    > It's not every contact - just some. I've even tried deleting the contact
    > and re-entering it and even re-entering it in the list itself. This last
    > appears to work until I click on the main address book and then go back
    > to the list, at which point the contact has disappeared again but is in
    > the main address book.
    >
    > I'm confused (and somewhat frustrated) :)

    sometimes when I move someone from one list to another, it
    doesn't look like it moved, its still there, until I click
    on the other list and its there, then when I go back to the
    other, then its gone.

    Make sure the address book files aren't marked as read only:
    abook.mab, history.mab, and any other *.mab files. MAB is
    Mozilla Address Book.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, May 10, 2008
  6. SteveG

    SteveG Guest

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > SteveG wrote:
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    >>> you should be able to click and drag them over. If that doesn't
    >>> work, then its shift and drag.
    >>>
    >>> So you're saying none of these work?
    >>>

    >> Hi Peter, thanks for responding.
    >>
    >> Yes I've tried click-and-drag, CTRL-click-drag and shift-click-drag
    >> but none of them work.
    >>
    >> It's not every contact - just some. I've even tried deleting the
    >> contact and re-entering it and even re-entering it in the list itself.
    >> This last appears to work until I click on the main address book and
    >> then go back to the list, at which point the contact has disappeared
    >> again but is in the main address book.
    >>
    >> I'm confused (and somewhat frustrated) :)
    >>

    > sometimes when I move someone from one list to another, it doesn't look
    > like it moved, its still there, until I click on the other list and its
    > there, then when I go back to the other, then its gone.
    >
    > Make sure the address book files aren't marked as read only: abook.mab,
    > history.mab, and any other *.mab files. MAB is Mozilla Address Book.

    Hi again Peter, thanks for staying with this :)

    I've checked the .mab files (I've only got abook and history BTW) and
    they aren't set as read only, so that's okay.

    Something has just occurred to me. The contacts that won't move are ones
    that don't have an email address. Is this a case of TB simply thinking
    to itself that there's no point having a contact in a mailing list if
    they don't have an email addy? If so, is there a way around this?

    --
    Regards

    Steve G

    SteveG, May 10, 2008
  7. SteveG

    SteveG Guest

    Peter,

    I've solved the problem by creating a new address book and moving the
    contacts into that instead of using a mailing list.

    Thanks for your help :)

    --
    Regards

    Steve G

    SteveG, May 10, 2008
  8. SteveG wrote:
    > The contacts that won't move are ones
    > that don't have an email address. Is this a case of TB simply thinking
    > to itself that there's no point having a contact in a mailing list if
    > they don't have an email addy? If so, is there a way around this?

    I tested it myself and no, mine still copied over.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, May 10, 2008
  9. SteveG wrote:
    > Peter,
    >
    > I've solved the problem by creating a new address book and moving the
    > contacts into that instead of using a mailing list.
    >
    > Thanks for your help :)

    sounds good!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, May 10, 2008