    SmtpMail.Send(mail)

    when i run the page it gives me no error but the mail is not sent to the account either
    please help
    karen, Feb 18, 2004

  2. karen

    rh Guest

    Please check your IIS Server.
    I think you need to install smtp service on IIS. Default
    installation do not install smtp service.

    Regards,

    rh, Feb 18, 2004

  3. karen

    Guest Guest

    Its got nothing to do with IIS, but more with your OS.
    What OS are you running? SMTP is installed by default
    with XP, Win 2K etc., but not in Win 2K3. You have to
    explicitly install SMTP if you are running Win 2K3.

    The System.Web.Mail namespace contains classes that
    enable you to construct and send messages using the
    CDOSYS (Collaboration Data Objects for Windows 2000)
    message component. The mail message is delivered either
    through the SMTP mail service built into Microsoft
    Windows 2000 or through an arbitrary SMTP server. The
    classes in this namespace can be used from ASP.NET or
    from any managed application.

    Read more:

    ms-
    help://MS.VSCC.2003/MS.MSDNQTR.2003FEB.1033/cpref/html/frl
    rfSystemWebMail.htm

    Hope this helps.

    Guest, Feb 18, 2004