Mailer-Daemon Email

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by lee, Aug 21, 2003.

  1. lee

    lee Guest

    Does anyone know how I can get shut of this V-annoying email.
    It comes with the subject Returned mail: user unknown
    and is from Mail delivery subsystem.
    I don't mind the odd spam but this hits my mail box 5 times daily
    and contains a virus attachment.

    Any help out there please.//
    More info about the mail below.

    X-From_: MAILER-DAEMON Wed Aug 20 19:36:15 2003
    Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 19:36:13 +0000
    From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <>
    To: <>
    Subject: Returned mail: User unknown
    Auto-Submitted: auto-generated (failure)

    lee, Aug 21, 2003

  2. lee

    lee Guest

    "Sharon" <> wrote in message

    > It is because of the Sobig Virus.It arrives in an e-mail with an
    > attachment that when opened infects the computer and sends itself on to
    > other victims using a random e-mail address from the address book,
    > making it difficult to trace the worm back to its source. So, if
    > someone that has your email address is affected it may pick your email
    > address from the computer to make it appear that all the virus
    > attachments it send out are from you. Then someone's firewall or virus
    > protection program intercepts it and , thinking it was sent by you,
    > notifies you that the message was intercepted and returned because it
    > has a virus.
    >
    > Sharon

    #Thanks for the advice but this is this is the
    W32.Mimail.A@mm - and a bitch it is
    main thing i would like to know is how to stop the email which contains thge
    virus
    coming through every time i log on.

    lee, Aug 21, 2003

  3. lee

    Liz Guest

    "lee" wrote:
    > #Thanks for the advice but this is this is the
    > W32.Mimail.A@mm - and a bitch it is
    > main thing i would like to know is how to stop the email which contains thge
    > virus
    > coming through every time i log on.

    Scan and delete the infected files.
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/

    Configure your email server to block or remove email
    that contains file attachments that are commonly used to
    spread viruses, such as .vbs, .bat, .exe, .pif and .scr files.

    Liz, Aug 21, 2003
  4. lee

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as lee continued:

    > "Sharon" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> It is because of the Sobig Virus.It arrives in an e-mail with an
    >> attachment that when opened infects the computer and sends itself on
    >> to other victims using a random e-mail address from the address book,
    >> making it difficult to trace the worm back to its source. So, if
    >> someone that has your email address is affected it may pick your
    >> email address from the computer to make it appear that all the virus
    >> attachments it send out are from you. Then someone's firewall or
    >> virus protection program intercepts it and , thinking it was sent by
    >> you, notifies you that the message was intercepted and returned
    >> because it has a virus.
    >>
    >> Sharon

    > #Thanks for the advice but this is this is the
    > W32.Mimail.A@mm - and a bitch it is
    > main thing i would like to know is how to stop the email which
    > contains thge virus
    > coming through every time i log on.

    That's what message rules are for.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Aug 21, 2003
  5. lee

    lee Guest

    "slumpy" > Wrote

    > That's what message rules are for.

    "Lee replied" >
    >Well I say, Thankyou Very much for Giving me such a wide scope

    and thorough response to my Question.

    I better look into message rules on outlook // I better read up on outlook
    Cause I isn't gonna get no clues from U "Mr spunky" ~

    lee, Aug 21, 2003
  6. lee

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as lee continued:

    > "slumpy" > Wrote
    >>
    >> That's what message rules are for.

    > "Lee replied" >
    >> Well I say, Thankyou Very much for Giving me such a wide scope

    > and thorough response to my Question.
    >
    > I better look into message rules on outlook // I better read up on
    > outlook Cause I isn't gonna get no clues from U "Mr spunky" ~

    What 'clue' did you want ? FFS it isn't fuckin rocket science - hit F1 and
    type in 'rules' and all will be revealed.

    "I don't make house-calls."
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Aug 21, 2003
  7. lee

    What the **** have you been taking, Doofus ?
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Aug 21, 2003
  8. lee

    lee Guest

    I new that You coudln`t resist the temptation (from ur anger) To reply.

    LiGhTs Out ~DIKWART

    lee, Aug 21, 2003
  9. lee

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as lee continued:

    > I new that You coudln`t resist the temptation (from ur anger) To
    > reply.
    >
    > LiGhTs Out ~DIKWART

    Goodnight. Glad to see Mummy's still making you go to bed at 8.30.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Aug 21, 2003