Mailed to me

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Bryan, Jul 15, 2006.

  1. Bryan

    Bryan Guest

    Sorry if it's been posted before!

    "Hello

    My name is Dave and I am from the Support of WorldPay.

    We have received the payment order (ID 0220712,Receipt Date 09/07/2006) from
    you and we need to make a verification of the details you have filled in, as
    we have received a notice from your card service stating that there was a
    chargeback made by the owner of the card with which you have made the
    payment and that your level of authorization has been altered during your
    last transaction.

    This is a very serious matter. We have deducted the amount of the
    chargeback, GBP 149.89, from your account and added our standard fee of GBP
    24.00 as well (you can see your payment details in the attachment).

    We have failed to contact you using the telephone number you have provided
    earlier, meeting no response.

    As a precaution, we have limited access to your account in order to protect
    against future unauthorized transactions. Please understand that this is a
    security measure intended to help protect you and your personal information.

    Please contact your credit card company to resolve this matter.

    Best Regards,

    Dave Gollick

    "

    ---

    avast! Antivirus: Inbound message INFECTED:

    \ID 0220712.zip#3444285087\ID 0220712.exe\[FSG] (Win32:Small-TI [Trj]) was
    deleted from the message.

    Virus Database (VPS): 0628-3, 12/07/2006

    Tested on: 13/07/2006 02:12:43

    Bryan, Jul 15, 2006

  2. Bryan

    Mike Easter Guest

    Bryan wrote:
    > Sorry if it's been posted before!

    Google 'Dave Gollick' shows reports of the body words and the malware
    trojan payload information. http://snipurl.com/tars

    The real worldpay site has an alert at http://www.worldpay.co.uk/
    IMPORTANT NEWS: Bogus email:

    Ideally all of your spam, scams, and malware propagations would be
    auto-identified, segregated from your Inbox goodmail, and not opened and
    read to 'confuse' you. Additionally, any unidentified unexpected mail
    would be 'inspected' by its headers for suspicious source elements
    before opening and reading its body content.

    Tripping the Avast alert on the zip file isn't going to happen when/if
    you mishandle a malware which doesn't have a previously known malware
    template in your AV data system. All 'new' malware propagations start
    out as unknowns to the various AV agents. Some people use AV agents
    which can't see inside the zip file.

    There should be layers of defense before the Avast alert happens.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jul 15, 2006