    Grant

    --
    Finbogey Jones
    Finbogey, Feb 29, 2004

  2. On 2/29/2004 12:08 PM Pacific, Finbogey wrote:
    > Anybody else out there access multiple mail accounts on a regular
    > basis? I access 4 all the time, and I wish I could get them to all
    > share the same INBOX, DRAFTS, SENT, etc. Is there anyway to do this?
    >
    > Or does anyone have any tips for organizing multiple accounts? There
    > seems to be no way to delete all those DRAFT/TEMPLATE/etc folders from
    > each account, even if you set it up to use your loacl folders for that
    > stuff. It's just a waste of screen real estate- I having to scroll up
    > and down to see all my inboxes when it's totally useless folders that
    > are taking up the extra space.
    >

    > Grant

    I have 4 mail accounts that I access regularly. Two of them don't have
    much traffic so I keep them unexpanded in the folders pane. In your
    case, you might want to use filtere in all but one account to direct
    incoming mail to that one account and leave the others unexpanded.

    --
    Irwin Greenwald
    Mozilla Champion
    Irwin Greenwald, Feb 29, 2004

  3. Finbogey wrote:
    > Anybody else out there access multiple mail accounts on a regular
    > basis? I access 4 all the time, and I wish I could get them to all
    > share the same INBOX, DRAFTS, SENT, etc. Is there anyway to do this?
    >
    > Or does anyone have any tips for organizing multiple accounts? There
    > seems to be no way to delete all those DRAFT/TEMPLATE/etc folders from
    > each account, even if you set it up to use your loacl folders for that
    > stuff. It's just a waste of screen real estate- I having to scroll up
    > and down to see all my inboxes when it's totally useless folders that
    > are taking up the extra space.
    >

    > Grant

    You should be able to use one each of Drafts, Sent, and Templates by
    setting up all accounts to use the same ones. After you do that, you
    can move the contents and delete the extra folders.

    I think you are out of luck with the INBOX unless you can do something
    with filters.
    Brian Kennelly, Mar 1, 2004
  4. Finbogey

    Timothy Moll Guest

    Timothy Moll, Mar 1, 2004
  5. Finbogey

    Finbogey Guest

    On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 18:26:06 -0700, Brian Kennelly
    <> wrote:

    >Finbogey wrote:
    >> Anybody else out there access multiple mail accounts on a regular
    >> basis? I access 4 all the time, and I wish I could get them to all
    >> share the same INBOX, DRAFTS, SENT, etc. Is there anyway to do this?
    >>
    >> Or does anyone have any tips for organizing multiple accounts? There
    >> seems to be no way to delete all those DRAFT/TEMPLATE/etc folders from
    >> each account, even if you set it up to use your loacl folders for that
    >> stuff. It's just a waste of screen real estate- I having to scroll up
    >> and down to see all my inboxes when it's totally useless folders that
    >> are taking up the extra space.
    >>

    >> Grant
    >>

    >You should be able to use one each of Drafts, Sent, and Templates by
    >setting up all accounts to use the same ones. After you do that, you
    >can move the contents and delete the extra folders.
    >
    >I think you are out of luck with the INBOX unless you can do something
    >with filters.

    AFAIK, even if you set it up to have all the accounts use the same
    DRAFT/SENT/TEMPLATES, the extra folders are not deletable. I could
    live with the multiple inboxes if I didn't have all these other stupid
    empty folders around.

    Grant

    --
    Finbogey Jones
    Finbogey, Mar 1, 2004
  6. Finbogey wrote:
    > On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 18:26:06 -0700, Brian Kennelly
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Finbogey wrote:
    >>
    >>>Anybody else out there access multiple mail accounts on a regular
    >>>basis? I access 4 all the time, and I wish I could get them to all
    >>>share the same INBOX, DRAFTS, SENT, etc. Is there anyway to do this?
    >>>
    >>>Or does anyone have any tips for organizing multiple accounts? There
    >>>seems to be no way to delete all those DRAFT/TEMPLATE/etc folders from
    >>>each account, even if you set it up to use your loacl folders for that
    >>>stuff. It's just a waste of screen real estate- I having to scroll up
    >>>and down to see all my inboxes when it's totally useless folders that
    >>>are taking up the extra space.
    >>>

    >>>Grant
    >>>

    >>You should be able to use one each of Drafts, Sent, and Templates by
    >>setting up all accounts to use the same ones. After you do that, you
    >>can move the contents and delete the extra folders.
    >>
    >>I think you are out of luck with the INBOX unless you can do something
    >>with filters.

    > AFAIK, even if you set it up to have all the accounts use the same
    > DRAFT/SENT/TEMPLATES, the extra folders are not deletable. I could
    > live with the multiple inboxes if I didn't have all these other stupid
    > empty folders around.
    >
    > Grant

    The folders become deletable after you change the server properties to
    point elsewhere (it works on Mozilla 1.6).
    Brian Kennelly, Mar 2, 2004
  7. Finbogey

    Ed Mullen Guest

    http://www.holgermetzger.de/efaqmailnews.html#1

    --
    Ed Mullen - Mozilla Champion
    http://edmullen.net/moz.html
    Ed Mullen, Mar 2, 2004
  8. Brian Kennelly wrote:
    > Finbogey wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 18:26:06 -0700, Brian Kennelly
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> You should be able to use one each of Drafts, Sent, and Templates by
    >>> setting up all accounts to use the same ones. After you do that, you
    >>> can move the contents and delete the extra folders.
    >>>
    >>> I think you are out of luck with the INBOX unless you can do
    >>> something with filters.

    >> AFAIK, even if you set it up to have all the accounts use the same
    >> DRAFT/SENT/TEMPLATES, the extra folders are not deletable. I could
    >> live with the multiple inboxes if I didn't have all these other stupid
    >> empty folders around.
    >>
    >> Grant
    >>

    > The folders become deletable after you change the server properties to
    > point elsewhere (it works on Mozilla 1.6).

    Update: It appears that there is a true bug here. If you delete the
    special folders, they will be recreated the next time you start the
    program, even if they are not being used. The new folders are then
    *not* deletable until you point to them and point away again.

    I think it would be better to create them on first use, rather than when
    the account is opened.
    Brian Kennelly, Mar 2, 2004
  9. Finbogey

    Finbogey Guest

    On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 02:54:56 -0500, Ed Mullen <> wrote:

    >Finbogey wrote:
    >
    >> Anybody else out there access multiple mail accounts on a regular
    >> basis? I access 4 all the time, and I wish I could get them to all
    >> share the same INBOX, DRAFTS, SENT, etc. Is there anyway to do this?
    >>
    >> Or does anyone have any tips for organizing multiple accounts? There
    >> seems to be no way to delete all those DRAFT/TEMPLATE/etc folders from
    >> each account, even if you set it up to use your loacl folders for that
    >> stuff. It's just a waste of screen real estate- I having to scroll up
    >> and down to see all my inboxes when it's totally useless folders that
    >> are taking up the extra space.
    >>

    >> Grant
    >>

    >http://www.holgermetzger.de/efaqmailnews.html#1

    I think you misunderstood what I was trying to do. I don't want to get
    rid of the Local folders. I use 4 different email accounts at the same
    time. I would like to use a single INBOX/DRAFTS/SENT/etc. for all the
    accounts. Or if I have to use separate INBOXES, I'd like to get rid of
    all the extra DRAFT/SENT/TEMPLATES folders.

    Grant

    --
    Finbogey Jones
    Finbogey, Mar 5, 2004
  10. Finbogey

    dantu Guest

    Finbogey wrote:

    >On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 02:54:56 -0500, Ed Mullen <> wrote:
    >

    >>Finbogey wrote:
    >>

    >>>Anybody else out there access multiple mail accounts on a regular
    >>>basis? I access 4 all the time, and I wish I could get them to all
    >>>share the same INBOX, DRAFTS, SENT, etc. Is there anyway to do this?
    >>>
    >>>Or does anyone have any tips for organizing multiple accounts? There
    >>>seems to be no way to delete all those DRAFT/TEMPLATE/etc folders from
    >>>each account, even if you set it up to use your loacl folders for that
    >>>stuff. It's just a waste of screen real estate- I having to scroll up
    >>>and down to see all my inboxes when it's totally useless folders that
    >>>are taking up the extra space.
    >>>

    >>>Grant
    >>>

    >>http://www.holgermetzger.de/efaqmailnews.html#1
    >>

    >I think you misunderstood what I was trying to do. I don't want to get
    >rid of the Local folders. I use 4 different email accounts at the same
    >time. I would like to use a single INBOX/DRAFTS/SENT/etc. for all the
    >accounts. Or if I have to use separate INBOXES, I'd like to get rid of
    >all the extra DRAFT/SENT/TEMPLATES folders.
    >

    >Grant

    Create a filter for each of the other inboxes that redirect the mail to
    the inbox you want. Then you wont have to access the other accounts and
    will never see the 'extra' folders
    dantu, Mar 6, 2004
  11. Finbogey

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Finbogey wrote:

    > On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 02:54:56 -0500, Ed Mullen <> wrote:
    >

    >>Finbogey wrote:
    >>

    >>>Anybody else out there access multiple mail accounts on a regular
    >>>basis? I access 4 all the time, and I wish I could get them to all
    >>>share the same INBOX, DRAFTS, SENT, etc. Is there anyway to do this?
    >>>
    >>>Or does anyone have any tips for organizing multiple accounts? There
    >>>seems to be no way to delete all those DRAFT/TEMPLATE/etc folders from
    >>>each account, even if you set it up to use your loacl folders for that
    >>>stuff. It's just a waste of screen real estate- I having to scroll up
    >>>and down to see all my inboxes when it's totally useless folders that
    >>>are taking up the extra space.
    >>>

    >>>Grant
    >>>

    >>http://www.holgermetzger.de/efaqmailnews.html#1

    > I think you misunderstood what I was trying to do. I don't want to get
    > rid of the Local folders. I use 4 different email accounts at the same
    > time. I would like to use a single INBOX/DRAFTS/SENT/etc. for all the
    > accounts. Or if I have to use separate INBOXES, I'd like to get rid of
    > all the extra DRAFT/SENT/TEMPLATES folders.
    >

    > Grant

    Ok. In Edit - Mail & News Account Settings - Copies & Folders you can
    redirect Drafts and Sent.

    For Inbox, I have filtered other accounts as follows:

    Subject is NOT [some nonsense string like: a76ert21$%^b42funnel]
    Action move to [the Inbox on my primary account]

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Mar 6, 2004