    that mean the party refuses to accept my email as well?

    Or does it just mean their mailbox is full?

    Many thanks for reading and answering.

    iL_weReo, Apr 3, 2008

  2. iL_weReo

    olfart Guest

    "iL_weReo" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > If I get a fatal email return FROM AOL and it says "mailbox full" can
    > that mean the party refuses to accept my email as well?
    >
    > Or does it just mean their mailbox is full?
    >
    > Many thanks for reading and answering.

    it means you can't read

    olfart, Apr 3, 2008

  3. iL_weReo

    ded Guest

    "iL_weReo" <> wrote in message
    > If I get a fatal email return FROM AOL and it says "mailbox full" can
    > that mean the party refuses to accept my email as well?

    No, it dosen't mean that "as well"

    > Or does it just mean their mailbox is full?

    It means exactly that.

    > Many thanks for reading and answering.

    You're asking specifically about bounced emails, in the first instance
    because as the bounce states the recipients inbox folder is full. But
    the most common reason for a bounce is the address is wrong or
    dosen't exist, or as with AOL'ers, they don't delete space hogging mail
    from their web-based accounts.

    A recipient cannot select to bounce specific email addresses, the
    common tool is to block a sender, who is unaware they have been
    blocked.

    ded, Apr 3, 2008
  4. iL_weReo

    VanguardLH Guest

    "iL_weReo" <> wrote in message
    > If I get a fatal email return FROM AOL and it says "mailbox full"
    > can
    > that mean the party refuses to accept my email as well?
    >
    > Or does it just mean their mailbox is full?
    >
    > Many thanks for reading and answering.

    Not sure since you summarized the NDR (non-delivery report) e-mail
    that you got back rather than provided an exact copy of it. Probably
    means the recipient's mailbox quota has been consumed and their
    receiving mail server will not accept any more inbound e-mails that
    target that mailbox.

    I wondered why it was such a difficult concept for you to grasp. Then
    I saw you are a Google Grouper. That answered my question.

    VanguardLH, Apr 3, 2008
  5. iL_weReo

    iL_weReo Guest

    On Apr 3, 6:39 pm, "VanguardLH" <> wrote:
    > "iL_weReo" <> wrote in message

    > > If I get a fatal email return FROM AOL and it says "mailbox full"
    > > can
    > > that mean the party refuses to accept my email as well?

    > > Or does it just mean their mailbox is full?

    > > Many thanks for reading and answering.

    > Not sure since you summarized the NDR (non-delivery report) e-mail
    > that you got back rather than provided an exact copy of it.  Probably
    > means the recipient's mailbox quota has been consumed and their
    > receiving mail server will not accept any more inbound e-mails that
    > target that mailbox.
    >
    > I wondered why it was such a difficult concept for you to grasp.  Then
    > I saw you are a Google Grouper.  That answered my question.

    Thank you to everyone for your concern. Here is the header of the
    bounced email in question:

    *** ATTENTION ***

    Your e-mail is being returned to you because there was a problem with
    its
    delivery. The address which was undeliverable is listed in the
    section
    labeled: "----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors
    -----".

    The reason your mail is being returned to you is listed in the section
    labeled: "----- Transcript of Session Follows -----".

    The line beginning with "<<<" describes the specific reason your e-
    mail
    could
    not be delivered. The next line contains a second error message which
    is a
    general translation for other e-mail servers.

    Please direct further questions regarding this message to your e-mail
    administrator.

    --AOL Postmaster

    <>
    (reason: 552 niteshift MAILBOX FULL)

    ... while talking to air-me06.mail.aol.com.:
    >>> RCPT To:<>

    <<< 552 niteshift MAILBOX FULL
    554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

    iL_weReo, Apr 4, 2008
  6. iL_weReo

    Lookout Guest

    On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 17:53:27 -0400, "olfart" <>
    wrote:

    >"iL_weReo" <> wrote in message
    >> If I get a fatal email return FROM AOL and it says "mailbox full" can
    >> that mean the party refuses to accept my email as well?
    >>
    >> Or does it just mean their mailbox is full?
    >>
    >> Many thanks for reading and answering.

    >it means you can't read

    I thought AOL was idiot proof. I stand corrected.

    Lookout, Apr 4, 2008
  7. iL_weReo wrote:

    > ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
    > <>
    > (reason: 552 niteshift MAILBOX FULL)
    >
    > ----- Transcript of session follows -----
    > ... while talking to air-me06.mail.aol.com.:

    > <<< 552 niteshift MAILBOX FULL
    > 554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

    So which is it? "niteshift" or "niteshiftz"

    --
    -bts
    -Friends don't let friends drive Vista

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Apr 4, 2008
  8. iL_weReo

    VanguardLH Guest

    VanguardLH, Apr 4, 2008
  9. olfart wrote:

    > "iL_weReo" <> wrote in message
    >> If I get a fatal email return FROM AOL and it says "mailbox full" can
    >> that mean the party refuses to accept my email as well?
    >>
    >> Or does it just mean their mailbox is full?
    >>
    >> Many thanks for reading and answering.

    > it means you can't read

    A Google Groper having issues with AOL. It can't get any better than that
    unless there's a way to get WebTV involved too.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 4, 2008
  10. iL_weReo

    Lookout Guest

    On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 20:17:17 -0800, Blinky the Shark
    <> wrote:

    >olfart wrote:
    >
    >> "iL_weReo" <> wrote in message
    >>> If I get a fatal email return FROM AOL and it says "mailbox full" can
    >>> that mean the party refuses to accept my email as well?
    >>>
    >>> Or does it just mean their mailbox is full?
    >>>
    >>> Many thanks for reading and answering.

    >> it means you can't read

    >A Google Groper having issues with AOL. It can't get any better than that
    >unless there's a way to get WebTV involved too.

    hahahhahahah

    Lookout, Apr 4, 2008
  11. Lookout wrote:

    > On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 20:17:17 -0800, Blinky the Shark <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>olfart wrote:
    >>
    >>> "iL_weReo" <> wrote in message

    >>> it means you can't read

    >>A Google Groper having issues with AOL. It can't get any better than
    >>that unless there's a way to get WebTV involved too.

    Hat trick!

    > hahahhahahah

    :)

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 4, 2008
  12. iL_weReo

    iL_weReo Guest

    On Apr 3, 6:17 pm, "ded" <> wrote:
    > "iL_weReo" <> wrote in message
    >
    > news:...> If I get a fatal email return FROM AOL and it says "mailbox full" can
    > > that mean the party refuses to accept my email as well?

    > No, it dosen't mean that "as well"
    >
    > > Or does it just mean their mailbox is full?

    > It means exactly that.
    >

    > > Many thanks for reading and answering.

    > You're asking specifically about bounced emails, in the first instance
    > because as the bounce states the recipients inbox folder is full. But
    > the most common reason for a bounce is the address is wrong or
    > dosen't exist, or as with AOL'ers, they don't delete space hogging mail
    > from their web-based accounts.
    >
    > A recipient cannot select to bounce specific email addresses, the
    > common tool is to block a sender, who is unaware they have been
    > blocked.

    So if I were blocked, how would I know?

    iL_weReo, Apr 4, 2008
  13. iL_weReo

    iL_weReo Guest

    On Apr 3, 6:39 pm, "VanguardLH" <> wrote:
    > "iL_weReo" <> wrote in message

    > > If I get a fatal email return FROM AOL and it says "mailbox full"
    > > can
    > > that mean the party refuses to accept my email as well?

    > > Or does it just mean their mailbox is full?

    > > Many thanks for reading and answering.

    > Not sure since you summarized the NDR (non-delivery report) e-mail
    > that you got back rather than provided an exact copy of it.  Probably
    > means the recipient's mailbox quota has been consumed and their
    > receiving mail server will not accept any more inbound e-mails that
    > target that mailbox.
    >
    > I wondered why it was such a difficult concept for you to grasp.  Then
    > I saw you are a Google Grouper.  That answered my question.

    I don't know what a "Google Grouper" is. I could just as easy send
    this email from my OE account. I'm too lazy to switch there right now.
    Will do later.

    iL_weReo, Apr 4, 2008
  14. iL_weReo

    iL_weReo Guest

    On Apr 3, 8:51 pm, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    <> wrote:
    > iL_weReo wrote:
    > >    ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
    > > <>
    > >     (reason: 552 niteshift MAILBOX FULL)

    > >    ----- Transcript of session follows -----
    > > ... while talking to air-me06.mail.aol.com.:

    > > <<< 552 niteshift MAILBOX FULL
    > > 554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

    > So which is it?  "niteshift"  or  "niteshiftz"
    >
    > --
    >    -bts
    >    -Friends don't let friends drive Vista

    niteshiftz. I changed it a bit.

    iL_weReo, Apr 4, 2008
  15. iL_weReo

    iL_weReo Guest

    On Apr 3, 10:38 pm, "VanguardLH" <> wrote:
    > "iL_weReo" wrote in message

    > > "VanguardLH" wrote:

    > >> "iL_weReo" wrote ...

    > >> Not sure since you summarized the NDR (non-delivery report) e-mail
    > >> that you got back rather than provided an exact copy of it.
    > >> Probably
    > >> means the recipient's mailbox quota has been consumed and their
    > >> receiving mail server will not accept any more inbound e-mails that
    > >> target that mailbox.

    > > Thank you to everyone for your concern. Here is the header of the
    > > bounced email in question:

    > > *** ATTENTION ***

    > > Your e-mail is being returned to you because there was a problem
    > > with
    > > its delivery.  The address which was undeliverable is listed in the
    > > section labeled: "----- The following addresses had permanent fatal
    > > errors -----".

    > > The reason your mail is being returned to you is listed in the
    > > section
    > > labeled: "----- Transcript of Session Follows -----".

    > > The line beginning with "<<<" describes the specific reason your e-
    > > mail could not be delivered.  The next line contains a second error
    > > message which is a general translation for other e-mail servers.

    > > Please direct further questions regarding this message to your
    > > e-mail
    > > administrator.

    > > --AOL Postmaster

    > >   ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
    > > <>
    > >     (reason: 552 niteshift MAILBOX FULL)

    > >   ----- Transcript of session follows -----
    > > ... while talking to air-me06.mail.aol.com.:

    > > <<< 552 niteshift MAILBOX FULL
    > > 554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

    Thanks for letting me know. From now on I won't post any headers from
    my Google account.

    iL_weReo, Apr 4, 2008
  16. iL_weReo wrote:

    > On Apr 3, 6:39 pm, "VanguardLH" <> wrote:
    >> I wondered why it was such a difficult concept for you to grasp.  Then
    >> I saw you are a Google Grouper.  That answered my question.

    > I don't know what a "Google Grouper" is.

    Eat more fish. It is supposed to increase the abilities of the brain.

    What is on the title bar of the browser window you are reading and
    posting from? I'd bet a dime to a donut it says something like, "Google
    Groups..." This means you are a .. well .. a Google Grouper.

    > I could just as easy send this email from my OE account. I'm too lazy
    > to switch there right now. Will do later.

    Don't wait until later. Start now. Most certainly, more people will see
    your posts, as thousands are now blocking everything posted from Google
    Groups.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Apr 4, 2008
  17. iL_weReo wrote:

    > On Apr 3, 8:51 pm, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    > <> wrote:
    >> iL_weReo wrote:
    >>>    ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
    >>> <>
    >>>     (reason: 552 niteshift MAILBOX FULL)

    >>>    ----- Transcript of session follows -----
    >>> ... while talking to air-me06.mail.aol.com.:
    >>> <<< 552 niteshift MAILBOX FULL
    >>> 554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

    >> So which is it?  "niteshift"  or  "niteshiftz"

    > niteshiftz. I changed it a bit.

    Well, that was no help.

    In the future, when you want help with error messages, post the exact,
    full message. Copy and paste, don't manually type it. Your futzing with
    the addresses would easily lead to a solution of: you typed an invalid
    address.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Apr 4, 2008
  18. iL_weReo

    WeReo_ScoTTy Guest

    > iL_weReo wrote:
    >
    >> On Apr 3, 6:39 pm, "VanguardLH" <> wrote:
    >>> I wondered why it was such a difficult concept for you to grasp. Then
    >>> I saw you are a Google Grouper. That answered my question.

    >> I don't know what a "Google Grouper" is.

    > Eat more fish. It is supposed to increase the abilities of the brain.
    >
    > What is on the title bar of the browser window you are reading and
    > posting from? I'd bet a dime to a donut it says something like, "Google
    > Groups..." This means you are a .. well .. a Google Grouper.
    >
    >> I could just as easy send this email from my OE account. I'm too lazy
    >> to switch there right now. Will do later.

    > Don't wait until later. Start now. Most certainly, more people will see
    > your posts, as thousands are now blocking everything posted from Google
    > Groups.
    >
    > --
    > -bts
    > -Friends don't let friends drive Vista

    I guess it's not "idiot-proof" as some ppl may think. Here's the email from
    my OE account:

    *** ATTENTION ***

    Your e-mail is being returned to you because there was a problem with
    its
    delivery. The address which was undeliverable is listed in the section
    labeled: "----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors
    -----".

    The reason your mail is being returned to you is listed in the section
    labeled: "----- Transcript of Session Follows -----".

    The line beginning with "<<<" describes the specific reason your e-mail
    could
    not be delivered. The next line contains a second error message which
    is a
    general translation for other e-mail servers.

    Please direct further questions regarding this message to your e-mail
    administrator.

    --AOL Postmaster

    What happens if these ppl just don't want emails from me? What sort of
    message would I get?

    <>
    (reason: 552 niteshiftz MAILBOX FULL)

    WeReo_ScoTTy, Apr 4, 2008
  19. iL_weReo

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    WeReo_ScoTTy wrote:
    >> iL_weReo wrote:

    >>> I don't know what a "Google Grouper" is.

    >> Eat more fish. It is supposed to increase the abilities of the brain.
    >>
    >> What is on the title bar of the browser window you are reading and
    >> posting from? I'd bet a dime to a donut it says something like, "Google
    >> Groups..." This means you are a .. well .. a Google Grouper.
    >>
    >>> I could just as easy send this email from my OE account. I'm too lazy
    >>> to switch there right now. Will do later.

    >> Don't wait until later. Start now. Most certainly, more people will see
    >> your posts, as thousands are now blocking everything posted from Google
    >> Groups.
    >>
    >> --
    >> -bts
    >> -Friends don't let friends drive Vista

    > I guess it's not "idiot-proof" as some ppl may think. Here's the email from
    > my OE account:
    >
    > *** ATTENTION ***
    >
    > Your e-mail is being returned to you because there was a problem with
    > its
    > delivery. The address which was undeliverable is listed in the section
    > labeled: "----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors
    > -----".
    >
    > The reason your mail is being returned to you is listed in the section
    > labeled: "----- Transcript of Session Follows -----".
    >
    > The line beginning with "<<<" describes the specific reason your e-mail
    > could
    > not be delivered. The next line contains a second error message which
    > is a
    > general translation for other e-mail servers.
    >
    > Please direct further questions regarding this message to your e-mail
    > administrator.
    >
    > --AOL Postmaster
    >
    > What happens if these ppl just don't want emails from me? What sort of
    > message would I get?

    Well it probably wouldn't be a mailbox full message for a start. If I
    wanted to block you I wouldn't tell you, your mail would just go to
    /dev/null. After all, why waste bandwidth and resources replying to
    someone you don't want to talk to?

    Desk Rabbit, Apr 4, 2008
  20. iL_weReo

    ded Guest

    "iL_weReo" <> wrote in message
    On Apr 3, 6:17 pm, "ded" <> wrote:
    > "iL_weReo" <> wrote in message

    > If I get a fatal email return FROM AOL and it says "mailbox full" can
    > > that mean the party refuses to accept my email as well?

    > No, it dosen't mean that "as well"
    >
    > > Or does it just mean their mailbox is full?

    > It means exactly that.
    >

    > > Many thanks for reading and answering.

    > You're asking specifically about bounced emails, in the first instance
    > because as the bounce states the recipients inbox folder is full. But
    > the most common reason for a bounce is the address is wrong or
    > dosen't exist, or as with AOL'ers, they don't delete space hogging mail
    > from their web-based accounts.
    >
    > A recipient cannot select to bounce specific email addresses, the
    > common tool is to block a sender, who is unaware they have been
    > blocked.

    So if I were blocked, how would I know?

    You wouldn't know.

    ded, Apr 4, 2008