  1. Guest

    Take me off the mailing list sent out by microsoft.

    , Jan 28, 2004

  2. You would need to unsubscribe from any newsletters you have subscribed to.
    This is a peer to peer support newsgroup, not Microsoft.

    If you are referring to the emails claiming to be from MS support and
    containing "patches" that are actually viruses--Those ARE NOT from MS.

    Associate Expert
    Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at
    http://pelos.us/SERVER.htm
    "" <> wrote in message

    Larry Samuels, Jan 28, 2004

  3. UrbanDrag0n Guest

    And you wonder how you have received those emails...
    Puting your actual email in the forum, very bad idea...
    Well sorry but I get enough spam the way it is.

    UrbanDrag0n, Jan 28, 2004
  4. Hi UrbanDrag0n,

    I make that choice with full knowledge of what to expect and how to protect
    myself. If you saw the logs of what my filters intercept, you would know I
    pay a high price for doing so.
    It is a price I am willing to pay to maintain ease of contact for newsgroup
    users that need to contact me privately. In most cases they will be referred
    back to the groups since an email response helps only one person while a
    newsgroup response reaches many--but occasionally there may be privacy
    concerns that cannot be addressed in a newsgroup post.

    It is NOT something I would recommend to the casual user.Unless there is a
    compelling reason to provide a real address, all users should munge their
    posting address.

    Larry Samuels, Jan 28, 2004
  5. Scary_G Guest

    Quick question - What does 'munge' mean?

    Scary_G, Jan 29, 2004
  6. Munging is scrambling the address in such a way that address harvesters
    cannot pick up the correct address but most people can spot the changes and
    remove them to get the real address.
    For example:
    My real address is
    I can munge this to and most people will instantly
    see that they can remove REMOVE THIS to send me mail.

    There are many ways to do this,but care needs to be taken that you don't
    accidentally flood someone's mail server by pointing your munged address to
    a real domain.

    Larry Samuels, Jan 29, 2004
  7. Joe Guest

    Munge is actually MUNG. It is an old programming term meaning "MUNG Until
    No Good". It is an example used to demonstrate recursion.

    If I'm wrong then I really MUNGed that one up.

    Joe
    MCSE:S&M (just sounds terribly kinky, are they doing something in Redmond
    that we don't know about)

    Joe, Jan 29, 2004