    No big deal as it's all trash, but as I've not changed any settings,
    I'm curious as to why Moz is doing it. Haven't had any system crash
    or virii attacks either.

    Nobody, Jul 12, 2004

  2. Nobody

    Moz Champion Guest

    Nobody wrote:

    > I've been running Moz 1.5 for quite some time (almost a year on the
    > current PC with WinXP Home Edition) with "junk" filters on the mail
    > component set to turf any message from a sender not in my personal
    > address book into the JUNK folder under my <user name>.
    >
    > For the past week, I've noticed that some of the unwanted mail (two or
    > three items out of 50 or so) is being dumped into TRASH folder under
    > <Local Folders>.
    >
    > No big deal as it's all trash, but as I've not changed any settings,
    > I'm curious as to why Moz is doing it. Haven't had any system crash
    > or virii attacks either.

    Are you sure that these were email messages, and that they were filtered by JMC?

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

    Moz Champion, Jul 13, 2004

  3. Nobody

    Nobody Guest

    On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 02:57:56 GMT, Moz Champion
    <> wrote:

    >Nobody wrote:
    >
    >> I've been running Moz 1.5 for quite some time (almost a year on the
    >> current PC with WinXP Home Edition) with "junk" filters on the mail
    >> component set to turf any message from a sender not in my personal
    >> address book into the JUNK folder under my <user name>.
    >>
    >> For the past week, I've noticed that some of the unwanted mail (two or
    >> three items out of 50 or so) is being dumped into TRASH folder under
    >> <Local Folders>.
    >>
    >> No big deal as it's all trash, but as I've not changed any settings,
    >> I'm curious as to why Moz is doing it. Haven't had any system crash
    >> or virii attacks either.

    >Are you sure that these were email messages, and that they were filtered by JMC?

    Yes. They're e-mail messages that even my ISP identifies as spam.

    Presumably by JMC, you mean Junk Mail Control.

    Currently, I receive ~50 spam messages a day... unfortunately, my real
    address "got out" into cyberspace and as it's a special handle I'm
    loath to change it.

    So, the situation is that out of that 50 or so, 95% go correctly into
    the JUNK folder of my <user name> but the rest end up in the TRASH
    folder of <Local Folders> whereas all used to go into the JUNK folder.

    Very strange... but not the end of the world.

    Nobody, Jul 14, 2004
  4. Nobody

    Moz Champion Guest

    Nobody wrote:
    > On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 02:57:56 GMT, Moz Champion
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Nobody wrote:
    >>

    >>>I've been running Moz 1.5 for quite some time (almost a year on the
    >>>current PC with WinXP Home Edition) with "junk" filters on the mail
    >>>component set to turf any message from a sender not in my personal
    >>>address book into the JUNK folder under my <user name>.
    >>>
    >>>For the past week, I've noticed that some of the unwanted mail (two or
    >>>three items out of 50 or so) is being dumped into TRASH folder under
    >>><Local Folders>.
    >>>
    >>>No big deal as it's all trash, but as I've not changed any settings,
    >>>I'm curious as to why Moz is doing it. Haven't had any system crash
    >>>or virii attacks either.

    >>Are you sure that these were email messages, and that they were filtered by JMC?

    > Yes. They're e-mail messages that even my ISP identifies as spam.
    >
    > Presumably by JMC, you mean Junk Mail Control.
    >
    > Currently, I receive ~50 spam messages a day... unfortunately, my real
    > address "got out" into cyberspace and as it's a special handle I'm
    > loath to change it.
    >
    > So, the situation is that out of that 50 or so, 95% go correctly into
    > the JUNK folder of my <user name> but the rest end up in the TRASH
    > folder of <Local Folders> whereas all used to go into the JUNK folder.
    >
    > Very strange... but not the end of the world.

    Well, a 95% catch ratio isnt bad, not bad at all.

    Um, there is a setting in JMC (Junk Mail Control) that moves messages manually marked as Junk to any folder, are you sure you didnt select the Local Folders Trash by mistake?

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

    Moz Champion, Jul 14, 2004
  5. Nobody

    Nobody Guest

    On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 05:08:20 GMT, Moz Champion
    <> wrote:

    >Nobody wrote:
    >> On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 02:57:56 GMT, Moz Champion
    >> <> wrote:

    >>>Are you sure that these were email messages, and that they were filtered by JMC?

    >> Yes. They're e-mail messages that even my ISP identifies as spam.
    >>
    >> Presumably by JMC, you mean Junk Mail Control.
    >>
    >> Currently, I receive ~50 spam messages a day... unfortunately, my real
    >> address "got out" into cyberspace and as it's a special handle I'm
    >> loath to change it.
    >>
    >> So, the situation is that out of that 50 or so, 95% go correctly into
    >> the JUNK folder of my <user name> but the rest end up in the TRASH
    >> folder of <Local Folders> whereas all used to go into the JUNK folder.
    >>
    >> Very strange... but not the end of the world.

    >Well, a 95% catch ratio isnt bad, not bad at all.
    >
    >Um, there is a setting in JMC (Junk Mail Control) that moves messages manually marked as Junk to any folder, are you sure you didnt select the Local Folders Trash by mistake?

    No... this "split personality" situation happens as I'm downloading
    messages from my ISP. I usually only check for mail on this PC, my
    home machine, once a day.

    The way I discovered what was happening was wondering why, if my ISP
    told me there were say 50 messages to be downloaded, there would only
    be 45-46 going into my <user name> folders, either as true messages
    iinto my inbox or spam into junk. It was only by opening the list of
    folders in <Local Folders> that I stumbled on where the others were
    going.

    So far no "real" messges have gone there!

    Thanks for your interest.

    Nobody, Jul 14, 2004