    batteries? I am not connecting it to any printer (i think that is the
    only case where Dock comes in picture).
    Thanks,
    santosh, Dec 15, 2005

  2. santosh

    Ron Hunter Guest

    santosh wrote:
    > I would like to know about the maximum movie length possible with 1GB
    > memory for kodak v550 digital camera (say i hour or so ....). It
    > stores the data in MPEG4 format which is of very compressed
    > technique. Is dock really required with Kodak v550 for just charging
    > the batteries? I am not connecting it to any printer (i think that is
    > the only case where Dock comes in picture). Thanks,
    >

    > For the first time, videos can be automatically turned into
    > stop-action still pictures perfect for printing and sharing. Record
    > longer, up to 80 minutes, TV-quality videos with sound, while using
    > less memory storage.

    http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/news/articles/story_3285.html

    Should answer your questions.
    Ron Hunter, Dec 15, 2005

  3. santosh

    Ron Baird Guest

    santosh wrote:

    >I would like to know about the maximum movie length possible with 1GB
    >memory for kodak v550 digital camera (say i hour or so ....). It stores
    >the data in MPEG4 format which is of very compressed technique.
    >Is dock really required with Kodak v550 for just charging the
    >batteries? I am not connecting it to any printer (i think that is the
    >only case where Dock comes in picture).
    >Thanks,

    No, the battery is in the camera and it can be charged in the camera.

    However, if you want to make a movie that long I suggest using a video
    camera (made for it). To run your camera for a full hour to capture
    video could be done if you can find a power supply to keep the camera
    running - the five volt adapter that comes with it. A fully charged
    battery should last you about an hour of continuous running and a 1 gig
    card will record about 30 minutes of movies. No, the dock is not needed
    and you can plug into the camera to charge the battery. So, if you want
    to make a movie be prepared to switch cards in mid movie. Personally,
    although I find the camera to be pretty good in terms of movies, it is
    really a still camera and does its best in that venue. You might want to
    consider getting a video camera to do long videos.

    Anyway, enjoy the camera. Let me know if you think I can help further.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company
    Ron Baird, Dec 16, 2005