    error
    Returned mail rejected by remote mail server" They were all to different
    addresses. What can i do to stop it .
    Andy Petro, Oct 27, 2008

  2. Andy Petro

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 12:46:28 -0400, "Andy Petro"
    <> wrote:

    >I received 2700 returned mail from Mail Administrator saying ' Mail system
    >error
    >Returned mail rejected by remote mail server" They were all to different
    >addresses. What can i do to stop it .

    Talk to your mail provider?

    Sounds like someone forged spams and used your e-mail address as the
    return address. Hence you're getting the bounces.

    Is the address you use, and is this the
    address you're getting the Mail Administrator messages to?
    Evan Platt, Oct 27, 2008

  3. Andy Petro

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2008-10-27, Andy Petro <> wrote:
    > I received 2700 returned mail from Mail Administrator saying ' Mail system
    > error
    > Returned mail rejected by remote mail server" They were all to different
    > addresses. What can i do to stop it .

    Stop spamming?

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Oct 27, 2008
  4. Andy Petro wrote the following in 24hoursupport.helpdesk at 27 Oct
    2008

    > I received 2700 returned mail from Mail Administrator saying '
    > Mail system error
    > Returned mail rejected by remote mail server" They were all to
    > different addresses. What can i do to stop it .

    Perhaps if you copy a sample of the headers that might help a little
    bit. Otherwise contact your provider.

    --
    If there's a new way
    I'll be the first in line

    - Megadeth
    Ghostintheshell, Oct 27, 2008
  5. Andy Petro

    Andy Petro Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 12:46:28 -0400, "Andy Petro"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>I received 2700 returned mail from Mail Administrator saying ' Mail
    >>system
    >>error
    >>Returned mail rejected by remote mail server" They were all to
    >>different
    >>addresses. What can i do to stop it .

    > Talk to your mail provider?
    >
    > Sounds like someone forged spams and used your e-mail address as the
    > return address. Hence you're getting the bounces.
    >
    > Is the address you use, and is this the
    > address you're getting the Mail Administrator messages to?

    Yes ,this is my address and the mail administrator is sending it to me
    Andy Petro, Oct 28, 2008
  6. Andy Petro

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 17:04:12 -0400, "Andy Petro"
    <> wrote:

    >Yes ,this is my address and the mail administrator is sending it to me

    Well, congratulations. By putting your e-mail address in plain view,
    spambots are going to pick up on it and send you spam, and some
    spammers will take that address and use it to send mail 'from' to
    appear to be from you.

    Time to fix that eh?
    Evan Platt, Oct 28, 2008