    the second address is actually "in" the "TO" line or not, to go to a
    specified folder?

    Thanks
    Robin, Apr 27, 2007

  2. Robin

    Aardvark Guest

    On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 09:53:37 -0400, Robin wrote:

    > Hi,
    > Using OE and Windows XP MCE(dunno if that matters)
    >
    > I am trying to find a way to sort incoming mail to one of two accounts into
    > a seperate folder. Is there a way to create a rule where any mail, whether
    > the second address is actually "in" the "TO" line or not, to go to a
    > specified folder?
    >
    > Thanks

    Yes

    --
    Registered Linux User 413057.
    Both Mandriva 2007 and Ubuntu 6.06
    Aardvark, Apr 27, 2007

  3. Robin

    Mike Easter Guest

    Robin wrote:

    > Using OE and Windows XP MCE(dunno if that matters)
    >
    > I am trying to find a way to sort incoming mail to one of two
    > accounts into a seperate folder. Is there a way to create a rule
    > where any mail, whether the second address is actually "in" the "TO"
    > line or not, to go to a specified folder?

    Yes, if I understand you correctly. Your question isn't completely
    clear yet as to the distinction of 'one of two accounts' - which
    distinction is at the heart of any message rule.

    OE's message rules are relatively weak, but a rule can distinguish
    between such as 'where the message is from the specified account' as
    opposed to 'where the to or cc line contains people'. Mail to a
    particular OE account may not have that particular address in the To or
    CC line.

    So, if the incoming mail from two different OE accounts is being 'mixed'
    in the Inbox, you can make a message rule which segregates the incoming
    based on the OE account it comes from/into.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Apr 27, 2007
  4. Robin

    Robin Guest

    "Mike Easter" <> wrote in message
    > Robin wrote:
    >
    >> Using OE and Windows XP MCE(dunno if that matters)
    >>
    >> I am trying to find a way to sort incoming mail to one of two
    >> accounts into a seperate folder. Is there a way to create a rule
    >> where any mail, whether the second address is actually "in" the "TO"
    >> line or not, to go to a specified folder?

    > Yes, if I understand you correctly. Your question isn't completely
    > clear yet as to the distinction of 'one of two accounts' - which
    > distinction is at the heart of any message rule.

    Sorry, I meant that to say there are two email accounts, mine and my
    husband's. I want his mail to go into a seperate folder from mine.

    > OE's message rules are relatively weak, but a rule can distinguish
    > between such as 'where the message is from the specified account' as
    > opposed to 'where the to or cc line contains people'. Mail to a
    > particular OE account may not have that particular address in the To or
    > CC line.
    >
    > So, if the incoming mail from two different OE accounts is being 'mixed'
    > in the Inbox, you can make a message rule which segregates the incoming
    > based on the OE account it comes from/into.

    That was it. Thank you very much for your help :)
    Robin, Apr 27, 2007
  5. Robin

    ProfGene Guest

    Robin wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Using OE and Windows XP MCE(dunno if that matters)
    >
    > I am trying to find a way to sort incoming mail to one of two accounts into
    > a seperate folder. Is there a way to create a rule where any mail, whether
    > the second address is actually "in" the "TO" line or not, to go to a
    > specified folder?
    >
    > Thanks

    You might try the content filters which have the option of putting mail
    with particular words either in the "from" or "subject" into a different
    folder according to your instructions.
    ProfGene, Jun 2, 2007