    first opened Outlook Express using Comcast he found all his mail from
    Verizon available. How is this possible?
    He does retain the same E-Mail address prefix used on Verizon.

    Bob H, Aug 6, 2006

  2. Bob H

    Leythos Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > A friend changed his ISP from Verizon DSL to Comcast Cable. When he
    > first opened Outlook Express using Comcast he found all his mail from
    > Verizon available. How is this possible?
    > He does retain the same E-Mail address prefix used on Verizon.

    If he used Outlook Express (or any other email client) for the old, just
    changing the user/password and POP/SMTP would not change the data
    already located in Outlook Express - meaning that once the email
    messages are inside outlook, you can change the user/email server, as
    long as you don't delete anything, and the old email should still be
    there.

    --

    remove 999 in order to email me

    Leythos, Aug 6, 2006

  3. Bob H

    Bob H Guest

    Bob H, Aug 6, 2006
  4. Bob H

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Bob H wrote:
    > A friend changed his ISP from Verizon DSL to Comcast Cable. When he
    > first opened Outlook Express using Comcast he found all his mail from
    > Verizon available. How is this possible?
    > He does retain the same E-Mail address prefix used on Verizon.

    Could it be that the email for Comcast is physically on the machine.
    That's what OE does is downloads all the emails from the mail server to
    the Inbox and it's on the machine.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Aug 6, 2006
  5. Bob H

    Leythos Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > Leythos wrote:
    > > In article <>,
    > > says...
    > > > A friend changed his ISP from Verizon DSL to Comcast Cable. When he
    > > > first opened Outlook Express using Comcast he found all his mail from
    > > > Verizon available. How is this possible?
    > > > He does retain the same E-Mail address prefix used on Verizon.

    > > If he used Outlook Express (or any other email client) for the old, just
    > > changing the user/password and POP/SMTP would not change the data
    > > already located in Outlook Express - meaning that once the email
    > > messages are inside outlook, you can change the user/email server, as
    > > long as you don't delete anything, and the old email should still be
    > > there.
    > >

    > --I was always under the impression that the mail is resident on the ISP server until you open up OE and it downloads at that time.

    Your Usenet interface is broken, I edited the message so that it quoted
    properly.

    Email messages are often (default) stored in two places, the ones you've
    not actually seen yet are stored on the ISP's mail server (often limited
    space) and when you start Outlook Express, they are PULLED to your local
    computer, by default. So, this means that any New/Unread messages are
    still on their server because you've not pulled them to your computer.

    You can also configure many email clients so that the messages are LEFT
    on the ISP's server.

    --

    remove 999 in order to email me

    Leythos, Aug 6, 2006
  6. Bob H

    Rich Guest

    On 6 Aug 2006 09:22:44 -0700, "Bob H" <> wrote:

    >A friend changed his ISP from Verizon DSL to Comcast Cable. When he
    >first opened Outlook Express using Comcast he found all his mail from
    >Verizon available. How is this possible?
    >He does retain the same E-Mail address prefix used on Verizon.

    bob, when e-mail is retrieved via outlook express the mail messages
    are actually downloaded and written to a file on your pc's hard drive.
    as long you don't delete the or cause them to be deleted they will
    remain in OLE.

    73,
    rich, n9dko

    Rich, Aug 6, 2006
  7. Bob H

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 09:22:44 -0700, Bob H wrote:

    > A friend changed his ISP from Verizon DSL to Comcast Cable. When he first
    > opened Outlook Express using Comcast he found all his mail from Verizon
    > available. How is this possible? He does retain the same E-Mail address
    > prefix used on Verizon.

    vidently Verizon hasn't nuked his account yet.
    --
    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Aug 6, 2006