    following error message box.
    ---------
    An error occurred while sending mail.The mail server responded.
    x-warning:212.*.*.* is listed at dnsbl.njabl.org
    (127.0.0.9:eek:pen proxy--1059092404)
    ---------
    The above ip address is listed as the adsl port ipaddress on my
    netgear DG834GT
    router.
    Is this a problem inherent to my machine and my ip address only or is
    it related to the mail server as a whole.

    In any case I have asked my ISP for support on this, and await their
    response.

    --

    Alan
    _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

    If you're going through hell, keep going.
    Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965)
    British Statesman, Prime Minister, Author
    tokyosky, Dec 22, 2005

  2. tokyosky bracht de volgende tekst voort op 22/12/2005 12:27:
    > PROB
    > Since this morning 22/12/2005 I have not been able to send mail. I getthe
    > following error message box.
    > ---------
    > An error occurred while sending mail.The mail server responded.
    > x-warning:212.*.*.* is listed at dnsbl.njabl.org
    > (127.0.0.9:eek:pen proxy--1059092404)
    > ---------
    > The above ip address is listed as the adsl port ipaddress on my netgear
    > DG834GT
    > router.
    > Is this a problem inherent to my machine and my ip address only or is it
    > related to the mail server as a whole.
    >
    > In any case I have asked my ISP for support on this, and await their
    > response.

    It means your router is reported as an open proxy by the spam fighting
    community. It means spammers abuse security holes of your installation
    to send spam from your address. I don’t know how to solve this, but you
    better should, as you seem to be on a blacklist now.

    H.

    --
    Hendrik Maryns

    ==================
    www.lieverleven.be
    http://aouw.org
    Hendrik Maryns, Dec 22, 2005

  3. tokyosky

    tokyosky Guest

    Hendrik Maryns wrote:
    > tokyosky bracht de volgende tekst voort op 22/12/2005 12:27:
    >
    >> PROB
    >> Since this morning 22/12/2005 I have not been able to send mail. I
    >> get the
    >> following error message box.
    >> ---------
    >> An error occurred while sending mail.The mail server responded.
    >> x-warning:212.*.*.* is listed at dnsbl.njabl.org
    >> (127.0.0.9:eek:pen proxy--1059092404)
    >> ---------
    >> The above ip address is listed as the adsl port ipaddress on my
    >> netgear DG834GT
    >> router.
    >> Is this a problem inherent to my machine and my ip address only or is
    >> it related to the mail server as a whole.
    >>
    >> In any case I have asked my ISP for support on this, and await their
    >> response.

    > It means your router is reported as an open proxy by the spam fighting
    > community. It means spammers abuse security holes of your installation
    > to send spam from your address. I don�t know how to solve this, but you
    > better should, as you seem to be on a blacklist now.
    >
    > H.

    I don't have a fixed IP address it gets farmed out by my ISP
    Easyconnect on turning off and on the router I got another IP address
    and things are running just fine. Thanks for the help, this newsgroup
    is proving helpful; I still haven't had a response from my service
    provider.

    --

    Alan
    _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

    tokyosky, Dec 22, 2005
  4. tokyosky

    Z Guest

    Hendrik Maryns wrote:
    >> ---------
    >> An error occurred while sending mail.The mail server responded.
    >> x-warning:212.*.*.* is listed at dnsbl.njabl.org
    >> (127.0.0.9:eek:pen proxy--1059092404)
    >> ---------
    >> The above ip address is listed as the adsl port ipaddress on my
    >> netgear DG834GT
    >> router.
    >> Is this a problem inherent to my machine and my ip address only or is
    >> it related to the mail server as a whole.
    >>
    >> In any case I have asked my ISP for support on this, and await their
    >> response.

    > It means your router is reported as an open proxy by the spam fighting
    > community. It means spammers abuse security holes of your installation
    > to send spam from your address. I don’t know how to solve this, but you
    > better should, as you seem to be on a blacklist now.

    His router? 127.0.0.9 is a local, private/LAN-side, non-routable
    address. How could that be blacklisted?

    It looks to me (and I'm no expert) like the message is saying that the
    entire 212.*.*.* address block (212.*.*.* _is_ routable) containing his
    ISP's block is blacklisted - and that's the problem.

    And if so, there's nothing he can do about it. His ISP needs to remedy that.

    Or am I reading that error message wrong?
    Z, Dec 23, 2005