mail in/out stored in differnt folders according to sender/recipient name?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by meerkat, Mar 12, 2007.

  1. meerkat

    meerkat Guest

    "Rolf" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > It would be convenient if we could sort incoming and outgoing mail by name
    > of sender, or name of recipient.
    >
    > We have separate folders for each of our clients, and it would be
    > convenient
    > if we could sort the mail in this manner
    >
    > We are using Outlook Express, but would of course be able to use a
    > different
    > program if required.

    OE\Tools\Message Rules.
    Offer to create a new rule, and see what options
    you have.

    Rolf, Mar 12, 2007

  3. meerkat

    Rolf Guest

    "meerkat" <> wrote in message

    > "Rolf" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > It would be convenient if we could sort incoming and outgoing mail by

    name
    > > of sender, or name of recipient.
    > >
    > > We have separate folders for each of our clients, and it would be
    > > convenient
    > > if we could sort the mail in this manner
    > >
    > > We are using Outlook Express, but would of course be able to use a
    > > different
    > > program if required.
    > >

    > OE\Tools\Message Rules.
    > Offer to create a new rule, and see what options
    > you have.

    I did this - thought I better do some research on my own and used 'Help' in
    OE, and found how I could create a rule and create a folder.

    One question remains though: Must I create a rule for each mail address? I
    guess I will have to. Would have been convenient if I could select the
    entire address book , or select the items wanted and just assign/create a
    folder to each of them and that would be that, but I suppose anything like
    that is not possible?

    Rolf

    Rolf, Mar 13, 2007
  4. meerkat

    Rolf Guest

    "meerkat" <> wrote in message

    > "Rolf" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > It would be convenient if we could sort incoming and outgoing mail by

    name
    > > of sender, or name of recipient.
    > >
    > > We have separate folders for each of our clients, and it would be
    > > convenient
    > > if we could sort the mail in this manner
    > >
    > > We are using Outlook Express, but would of course be able to use a
    > > different
    > > program if required.
    > >

    > OE\Tools\Message Rules.
    > Offer to create a new rule, and see what options
    > you have.

    I found I could add names from the address book - but I could not find ot if
    it is possible to sort the messages to folders according to name?

    The rule would look something like "messages from address#1 OR address#2 OR
    ...."

    but the next line would say 'move messages to folder xxxx - and that would
    be that?

    Or maybe a specific rule for each address might do what I want, am gonna
    check that now....

    Rolf, Mar 13, 2007