mail icon

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Davide Laneri, Jan 20, 2004.

  1. Hello,

    sorry if you have already answered this question, but ... is there a way
    to get a mail icon in the desktop without having to open the browser?

    I'm using mozilla 1.5.

    Thank you very much in advance for your help.

    Davide.
     
    Davide Laneri, Jan 20, 2004
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. On 1/20/2004 4:32 PM, Davide Laneri said:
    > Hello,
    >
    > sorry if you have already answered this question, but ... is there a way
    > to get a mail icon in the desktop without having to open the browser?
    >
    > I'm using mozilla 1.5.
    >
    > Thank you very much in advance for your help.
    >
    > Davide.
    >
    >


    Try making your desktop link execute the command 'mozilla --mail' (my
    apostrophes) rather than just 'mozilla' or 'mozilla.exe'. The path
    settings should be the same as they ever were.

    This works fine in Windows, but I can't vouch for Linux.

    cheers,

    David H



    --


    "When the tough get going, I'll steal their sandwiches."

    If you need to contact me direct, please remove the obvious from the
    reply address
     
    David Harrison, Jan 20, 2004
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. On 1/20/2004 5:13 PM, David Harrison said:
    > Try making your desktop link execute the command 'mozilla --mail' (my
    > apostrophes) rather than just 'mozilla' or 'mozilla.exe'. The path
    > settings should be the same as they ever were.
    >
    > This works fine in Windows, but I can't vouch for Linux.


    Other possibles I've just found include --compose (compose a mail
    message) and --addressbook (duh).

    Are these options documented in full anywhere?

    cheers,

    David H


    --


    "When the tough get going, I'll steal their sandwiches."

    If you need to contact me direct, please remove the obvious from the
    reply address
     
    David Harrison, Jan 20, 2004
    #3
  4. On 1/20/2004 5:15 PM, David Harrison said:

    > Other possibles I've just found include --compose (compose a mail
    > message) and --addressbook (duh).
    >
    > Are these options documented in full anywhere?
    >
    > cheers,
    >
    > David H


    Ignore me -- just found a whole lot by searching Google for 'Mozilla
    manpage'...

    cheers,

    David H

    --


    "When the tough get going, I'll steal their sandwiches."

    If you need to contact me direct, please remove the obvious from the
    reply address
     
    David Harrison, Jan 20, 2004
    #4
  5. Davide Laneri

    Tom Accuosti Guest

    In news:,
    Davide Laneri <> informed us:
    | Hello,
    |
    | sorry if you have already answered this question, but ... is there a
    | way to get a mail icon in the desktop without having to open the
    | browser?
    |
    | I'm using mozilla 1.5.
    |
    | Thank you very much in advance for your help.


    Try setting the properties to a shortcut like this:
    "C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\Mozilla\mozilla.exe" -mail

    the " -mail " switch shows the other icon.

    Also, you can use the " -turbo " switch to have Mozz partially load into
    RAM in order to start faster.

    Tom
     
    Tom Accuosti, Jan 21, 2004
    #5
  6. Thanks a lot for your help guys, it worked.

    Cheers Davide.
     
    Davide Laneri, Jan 21, 2004
    #6
  7. Davide Laneri

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Ed Mullen, Jan 21, 2004
    #7
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Max

    Sent mail folder icon

    Max, Sep 12, 2004, in forum: Firefox
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    504
    --BRIAN--
    Sep 12, 2004
  2. Smirnoff

    OE6 - New mail icon

    Smirnoff, Apr 13, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    466
    Unknown
    Apr 14, 2004
  3. Sieds
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    651
    Scraggy
    Apr 18, 2004
  4. ZZZZZ

    No mail/fax icon in Win XP ?

    ZZZZZ, May 4, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    509
    ┬░Mike┬░
    May 4, 2004
  5. ZZZZZ

    No mail icon in control panel, Win XP

    ZZZZZ, May 5, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    16,355
Loading...

Share This Page