    these important communications?
    Thank you
    Abigail Withers

    aawither, Nov 22, 2005

  2. aawither

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 12:52:14 -0500, aawither
    <> wrote:

    >Early this semester, I set up my email account to forward directly to my
    >hotmail account. There were a few quirks, but I thoiught everything had
    >been
    >worked out...until I just found out that my classmates have been receiving
    >notices about women being robbed at gunpoint. I have not received any of
    >these emails, neither in my MySlice Inbox, nor my hotmail account. Can you
    >please help me figure out what is going on and how I might be included in
    >these important communications?

    You might want to contact your mail administrator.

    Evan Platt, Nov 22, 2005

  3. aawither

    Mike Easter Guest

    aawither wrote:

    > I just found out that my classmates have been
    > receiving notices about women being robbed at gunpoint. I have not
    > received any of these emails,

    You are posting your question to a worldwide usenet helpgroup, not a
    university network group.

    > Can you please help me figure out what is going on
    > and how I might be included in these important communications?

    Here's a page for new syr.edu students to go
    http://cms.syr.edu/sucomputing/ to find out about getting hooked up in
    the university system.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Nov 22, 2005
  4. aawither

    Mike Easter Guest

    aawither wrote:

    > I just found out that my classmates have been
    > receiving notices about women being robbed at gunpoint. I have not
    > received any of these emails,

    Snurled DailyOrange link http://snipurl.com/k55r SU student dragged
    into park, assaulted -- Halloween weekend brings 8 armed robberies
    around SU area

    // Marlene Hall, director of Public Safety, said Tuesday afternoon the
    Campus Hot News e-mail would be out later that night. //

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Nov 22, 2005
  5. aawither

    Dan Evans Guest

    "aawither" <> wrote in message
    > Early this semester, I set up my email account to forward directly to my
    > hotmail account. There were a few quirks, but I thoiught everything had
    > been
    > worked out...until I just found out that my classmates have been receiving
    > notices about women being robbed at gunpoint. I have not received any of
    > these emails, neither in my MySlice Inbox, nor my hotmail account. Can
    > you
    > please help me figure out what is going on and how I might be included in
    > these important communications?

    I'm guessing that Hotmail are filtering it as spam - check the bilk mail
    folder at hotmail.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Nov 22, 2005
  6. aawither

    Dave Lear Guest

    "aawither" wrote in message news:447467D6@OrangeMail

    > Early this semester, I set up my email account to forward directly
    > to my hotmail account. There were a few quirks, but I thoiught
    > everything had been worked out...until I just found out that my
    > classmates have been receiving notices about women being robbed
    > at gunpoint. I have not received any of these emails, neither in my
    > MySlice Inbox, nor my hotmail account. Can you please help me
    > figure out what is going on and how I might be included in these
    > important communications?

    Could be that they're filtering out spam like this...
    http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/carbump.asp

    Dave Lear, Nov 23, 2005