mail delivery failure

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by SPAMHATER, Sep 11, 2004.

  1. SPAMHATER

    SPAMHATER Guest

    "ivan clough" <> schreef in bericht
    > Hi.
    > I am getting quite a lot of "mail delivery failure" emails.
    > I have assumed they are all spam and/or virus as they
    > all have attachments.
    > Am I right in my assumption.
    > The temptation to open them is huge.
    > Should I keep resisting?
    > TIA
    > Ivan
    >

    > --
    > www.goodforu2.co.uk

    Dont open the attachments
    Its a virus for sure.

    SPAMHATER

    ivan clough, Sep 11, 2004

  3. SPAMHATER

    MayB Guest

    "SPAMHATER" <> wrote in message

    > "ivan clough" <> schreef in bericht
    > > Hi.
    > > I am getting quite a lot of "mail delivery failure" emails.
    > > I have assumed they are all spam and/or virus as they
    > > all have attachments.
    > > Am I right in my assumption.
    > > The temptation to open them is huge.
    > > Should I keep resisting?
    > > TIA
    > > Ivan
    > >

    > > --
    > > www.goodforu2.co.uk
    > >

    > Dont open the attachments
    > Its a virus for sure.
    >
    > SPAMHATER

    That's NONSENSE! In OE, go to Tools/Options/Security. UNcheck "Do
    not allow ... potential ...."
    MayB, Sep 11, 2004
  4. SPAMHATER

    Mara Guest

    On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 17:33:31 GMT, MayB wrote:

    >"SPAMHATER" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "ivan clough" <> schreef in bericht
    >> > Hi.
    >> > I am getting quite a lot of "mail delivery failure" emails.
    >> > I have assumed they are all spam and/or virus as they
    >> > all have attachments.
    >> > Am I right in my assumption.
    >> > The temptation to open them is huge.
    >> > Should I keep resisting?
    >> > TIA
    >> > Ivan
    >> >

    >> > --
    >> > www.goodforu2.co.uk
    >> >

    >> Dont open the attachments
    >> Its a virus for sure.
    >>
    >> SPAMHATER
    >>

    >That's NONSENSE! In OE, go to Tools/Options/Security. UNcheck "Do
    >not allow ... potential ...."

    Reread the post. The subject of these e-mails is "mail delivery failure," and
    they have attachments. The chances are quite high that they are indeed viruses,
    specifically a Sober or Netsky variant, possibly even Swen or Evaman. And
    you're advising the OP to download them? <BOGGLE>

    "Are you suffering from cognitive dissonance?"

    --
    http://groups.google.com/groups?th=a7a10e1cb425ee6e
    http://howtofixcomputers.com/bb/forum19.html
    Mara, Sep 11, 2004
  5. SPAMHATER

    Scraggy Guest

    Mara wrote:

    > "Are you suffering from cognitive dissonance?"

    Is that, kinda like a ringing in your ears?
    --
    Most fools think they are only ignorant.
    -- Benjamin Franklin
    Scraggy, Sep 11, 2004
  6. SPAMHATER

    Mara Guest

    Mara, Sep 11, 2004
  7. SPAMHATER

    Scraggy Guest

    Scraggy, Sep 11, 2004
  8. SPAMHATER

    Mara Guest

    On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 20:25:21 +0100, Scraggy wrote:

    >Mara wrote:

    >>> Is that, kinda like a ringing in your ears?

    >> Yes, sort of, except it's in your brain.
    >>
    >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance
    >> http://www.dmu.ac.uk/~jamesa/learning/dissonance.htm

    >Wwwhhhooooooossssssh

    Trust me.

    Muhahahahahaha...etc..

    Mara, Sep 11, 2004
  9. MayB spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in
    <LFG0d.987$>

    > That's NONSENSE! In OE, go to <snip>

    Idiot.

    NOI
    Thund3rstruck_n0i, Sep 11, 2004
  10. SPAMHATER

    aguy Guest

    On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 17:33:31 GMT, "MayB" <_THIS.com>
    wrote:

    >"SPAMHATER" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "ivan clough" <> schreef in bericht
    >> > Hi.
    >> > I am getting quite a lot of "mail delivery failure" emails.
    >> > I have assumed they are all spam and/or virus as they
    >> > all have attachments.
    >> > Am I right in my assumption.
    >> > The temptation to open them is huge.
    >> > Should I keep resisting?
    >> > TIA
    >> > Ivan
    >> >

    >> > --
    >> > www.goodforu2.co.uk
    >> >

    >> Dont open the attachments
    >> Its a virus for sure.
    >>
    >> SPAMHATER
    >>

    >That's NONSENSE! In OE, go to Tools/Options/Security. UNcheck "Do
    >not allow ... potential ...."

    Your advice to allow them to open seems VERY strange and dangerous.
    Could you please tell us why you would recommend that.

    Unless there is an argument that I have never before heard, you should
    NOT allow them to open. The chance of them being a virus or other
    malicious and damaging problem is high.
    aguy, Sep 12, 2004
  11. SPAMHATER

    SPAMHATER Guest

    "MayB" <_THIS.com> schreef in bericht

    > "SPAMHATER" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "ivan clough" <> schreef in bericht
    >> > Hi.
    >> > I am getting quite a lot of "mail delivery failure" emails.
    >> > I have assumed they are all spam and/or virus as they
    >> > all have attachments.
    >> > Am I right in my assumption.
    >> > The temptation to open them is huge.
    >> > Should I keep resisting?
    >> > TIA
    >> > Ivan
    >> >

    >> > --
    >> > www.goodforu2.co.uk
    >> >

    >> Dont open the attachments
    >> Its a virus for sure.
    >>
    >> SPAMHATER
    >>

    > That's NONSENSE! In OE, go to Tools/Options/Security. UNcheck "Do
    > not allow ... potential ...."

    Are you f** out of youre mind???
    Are you a viruswriter?
    Dont open that attachments!!!!!!