Mail Delivery failure

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Brian H¹©, Jul 3, 2003.

  1. Brian H¹©

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Errrrr...erm... Stevie D said:

    > Hi,
    >
    > In my e-mail I am constantly getting notification of a mail delivery
    > failure. When I look at the failed e-mail addresses they belong to people
    > I've never heard of and certainly have never tried to e-mail.
    >
    > Can anybody please tell me what's going on?

    Sounds like someone with your address in their adress book has caught the klez
    virus.

    --
    www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware

    Stevie D, Jul 3, 2003

  3. "Unk" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 18:31:17 +0100, "Stevie D" <Steve@127.0.0.1> wrote:
    > >Hi,
    > >
    > >In my e-mail I am constantly getting notification of a mail delivery
    > >failure. When I look at the failed e-mail addresses they belong to people
    > >I've never heard of and certainly have never tried to e-mail.
    > >
    > >Can anybody please tell me what's going on?
    > >

    > In all likelihood, someone who has your email address has the w32.klez

    virus

    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.klez.removal.tool.html

    > Or the download the tool directly.
    > http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/FixKlez.com
    > After you download it, double-click it to scan your system. It will let

    you

    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/trick.address.book.entry.html

    > Unk

    There is also a distinct possibility that the worm Sobig.e is responsible.
    Follow the link in the sig for more on Sobig.

    --
    Cnet News : Is Symantec Safe?
    + The Sobig worm Rides again.

    Dr Halonfires Les Girl, Jul 3, 2003
  4. Brian H¹©

    Prof Guest

    There is a virus out there that is labled delivery failure. Maybe you are
    receiving the virus, so don't open it.

    Prof, Jul 4, 2003
  5. Stevie D wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > In my e-mail I am constantly getting notification of a mail delivery
    > failure. When I look at the failed e-mail addresses they belong to people
    > I've never heard of and certainly have never tried to e-mail.
    >
    > Can anybody please tell me what's going on?

    Alternatively to the two suggestions already given, some low-life spammer
    has forged your email address in the From: field of a spam run and you're
    getting the bounce messages. (Does the bounced message seem to be spammish;
    is there more than one of them?) There is no cure for this; you'll just
    have to wait until the spammer selects another victim. If it is spam that's
    being bounced, it is probably a good idea to notify your ISP, lest (in a
    moment of utter cluelessness) they think it's you who actually sent the
    spam.

    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

    Gary G. Taylor, Jul 5, 2003