    They claim I must have a virus or a worm doing this mail bombing. What steps
    can I take to avoid this happening? Thanks.
    Derek

    Derek Lawler, Sep 29, 2006

  2. Derek Lawler

    me Guest

    "Derek Lawler" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Although it doesn't happen very often there are recipients to whom I send
    > attachments that complain they get hundreds of the same attachment from
    > me.
    > I have no idea why this is happening. My virus protection is with Norton.
    > They claim I must have a virus or a worm doing this mail bombing. What
    > steps
    > can I take to avoid this happening? Thanks.
    > Derek

    Dump Norton

    me, Sep 29, 2006

  3. Derek Lawler wrote:

    > Although it doesn't happen very often there are recipients to whom I
    > send attachments that complain they get hundreds of the same
    > attachment from me. I have no idea why this is happening. My virus
    > protection is with Norton. They claim I must have a virus or a worm
    > doing this mail bombing. What steps can I take to avoid this
    > happening? Thanks.
    > Derek

    Here's some anecdotal evidence. A few weeks ago, one of my clients asked
    for help in stopping a flood of incoming duplicate emails that all
    contained a 4MB photo attachment. The client would receive 20 or 30 at a
    time, then a break for a couple hours, then 20 more copies. We had to be
    sure to go to the online interface frequently and delete them, so as not
    to exceed allotted storage.

    They were all coming from the sender's Corning Glass Co. mail server,
    and the problem was fixed in two days when the server admin there fixed
    his server.

    So if you sent the original, there is a possibility your mail server is
    in "stuck" mode. Give them a call.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 29, 2006
  4. Derek Lawler

    richard Guest

    > Although it doesn't happen very often there are recipients to whom I send
    > attachments that complain they get hundreds of the same attachment from
    > me.
    > I have no idea why this is happening. My virus protection is with Norton.
    > They claim I must have a virus or a worm doing this mail bombing. What
    > steps
    > can I take to avoid this happening? Thanks.
    > Derek

    You should ask your service's tech support people by phone.
    Might be a problem they are not aware of that is not your fault.
    Do a test and send one to yourself.

    This usenet newsgroup is not affiliated with your ISP, hosting company, or
    any other known service.

    richard, Sep 29, 2006
  5. Derek Lawler

    richard Guest

    On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 08:01:08 -0700, me wrote:

    > "Derek Lawler" <> wrote in message
    >> Although it doesn't happen very often there are recipients to whom I send
    >> attachments that complain they get hundreds of the same attachment from
    >> me.
    >> I have no idea why this is happening. My virus protection is with Norton.
    >> They claim I must have a virus or a worm doing this mail bombing. What
    >> steps
    >> can I take to avoid this happening? Thanks.
    >> Derek
    >>

    > Dump Norton

    It's generally a server problem. I've had it happen a couple of times and I
    refuse to run Norton.

    richard, Sep 29, 2006