    I wish to change my email address(not a problem) but would like new ones for
    post and mail. How do I separate them ie.
    use one for newsgroups and one for general mail ?

    miklol, Jan 7, 2004

  2. miklol

    Support Joe Guest

    "miklol" <> wrote in message
    news:eek:GXKb.18639$...
    > I wish to change my email address(not a problem) but would like new ones

    for
    > post and mail. How do I separate them ie.
    > use one for newsgroups and one for general mail ?

    News groups is: -

    Tools, Accounts, Mail, and add user.

    Use your different name there for the news groups

    i.e For mail Or what ever it is

    For news groups Your second account name.Or even one
    that doesn't exist.

    Support Joe, Jan 7, 2004

  3. miklol

    Gee Guest

    "miklol" <> wrote in message
    > I wish to change my email address(not a problem) but would like new ones

    for
    > post and mail. How do I separate them ie.
    > use one for newsgroups and one for general mail ?

    I can see you are using OE6. Go to Tools-acounts, then choose either mail
    or news. Then double click on account. In there you will see "e-mail
    address". Just specify which addrtess will show to the other
    person/newsgroup.

    I must stress however that you shouldn;t really use a real address in the
    newsgroups, so just fake it really, as lots of spammers use them for, well,
    spam mail which is the last thing you need. Also you may wish to change a
    display name for newsgroups as well.

    Gee

    Gee, Jan 7, 2004
  4. miklol

    trout Guest

    miklol wrote:

    > I wish to change my email address(not a problem) but would like new
    > ones for post and mail. How do I separate them ie.
    > use one for newsgroups and one for general mail ?

    Your news account *is* separate from mail. Just enter a different
    address (different, munged, or fictitious) under Tools; Accounts; News
    tab; Properties. Make sure the box to "Include this account when
    checking for messages" is *not* checked.
    --
    "Your mail account will not be affected."

    trout, Jan 8, 2004
  5. miklol

    trout Guest

    Gee wrote:

    > "miklol" <> wrote in message
    >> I wish to change my email address(not a problem) but would like new
    >> ones for post and mail. How do I separate them ie.
    >> use one for newsgroups and one for general mail ?
    >>

    > I can see you are using OE6. Go to Tools-acounts, then choose either
    > mail or news. Then double click on account. In there you will see
    > "e-mail address". Just specify which addrtess will show to the other
    > person/newsgroup.
    >
    > I must stress however that you shouldn;t really use a real address in
    > the newsgroups, so just fake it really, as lots of spammers use them
    > for, well, spam mail which is the last thing you need. Also you may
    > wish to change a display name for newsgroups as well.
    >
    > Gee

    However; one should avoid using a valid domain name as a 'fake'.
    Is this you?

    Registrant:
    Anything.com Ltd. (.ky)
    P.O. Box 309 ,Ugland House
    George Town, Grand Cayman
    KY

    Domain name: NOSPAM.COM
    --
    "A 'fake' address should end with '.invalid'."

    trout, Jan 8, 2004
  6. miklol

    Gee Guest

    > However; one should avoid using a valid domain name as a 'fake'.
    > Is this you?

    Nope. Made the e-mail address up years ago. I guess time for a change again.

    Gee, Jan 8, 2004