    Magnavox.

    Any suggestions?

    Rick Roberts
    Rick, Apr 8, 2007

  2. Rick

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Rick wrote:
    > I have a Magnavox MWR20V6 DVD recorder with a video cassette recorder.
    > I have tried four times to dub from a VHS tape to a DVD-R. Each time I
    > can record the disk and play it on the Magnavox machine, the same
    > machine I recorded it on. But, three different recordings will NOT
    > play on any other DVD player in the house. Nor on any of my computers
    > with DVD players. I have called Magnavox and been assured that I have
    > set it up properly to allow these recordings to be played anywhere.
    > This ability requires me to set the end of the recorded tape to
    > automatically finish which I have done. I am not using cheap disks,
    > either. I use Memorex. So, at this point, I hope some Magnavox
    > engineer out there will read this and can shed some light on my
    > problem. Otherwise, it appears that I have been ripped off by
    > Magnavox.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > Rick Roberts

    Have you finalized the discs after recording?

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus
    Oldus Fartus, Apr 9, 2007

  3. On 8 Apr 2007 15:18:57 -0700, "Rick" <> wrote:

    >I have a Magnavox MWR20V6 DVD recorder with a video cassette recorder.
    >I have tried four times to dub from a VHS tape to a DVD-R. Each time I
    >can record the disk and play it on the Magnavox machine, the same
    >machine I recorded it on. But, three different recordings will NOT
    >play on any other DVD player in the house. Nor on any of my computers
    >with DVD players. I have called Magnavox and been assured that I have
    >set it up properly to allow these recordings to be played anywhere.
    >This ability requires me to set the end of the recorded tape to
    >automatically finish which I have done. I am not using cheap disks,
    >either. I use Memorex. So, at this point, I hope some Magnavox
    >engineer out there will read this and can shed some light on my
    >problem. Otherwise, it appears that I have been ripped off by
    >Magnavox.
    >
    >Any suggestions?
    >
    >Rick Roberts

    Have you finalized the Disk yet.?
    Fred C. Dobbs, Apr 9, 2007
  4. Rick

    def456 Guest

    "Rick" <> wrote in message
    >I have a Magnavox MWR20V6 DVD recorder with a video cassette recorder.
    > I have tried four times to dub from a VHS tape to a DVD-R. Each time I
    > can record the disk and play it on the Magnavox machine, the same
    > machine I recorded it on. But, three different recordings will NOT
    > play on any other DVD player in the house. Nor on any of my computers
    > with DVD players. I have called Magnavox and been assured that I have
    > set it up properly to allow these recordings to be played anywhere.
    > This ability requires me to set the end of the recorded tape to
    > automatically finish which I have done. I am not using cheap disks,
    > either. I use Memorex. So, at this point, I hope some Magnavox
    > engineer out there will read this and can shed some light on my
    > problem. Otherwise, it appears that I have been ripped off by
    > Magnavox.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    If the VHS tapes are protected, that might be the reason. Try a VHS tape you
    know for sure is unprotected.

    If you can set/hook it up, try dubbing from a different VCR (rather than the
    internal one) to the DVD recorder.

    You might also try a different kind and brand of disc. If you're using
    DVD-R, try DVD+R. Also try a couple of different disc brands, other than
    Memorex:
    http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm
    def456, Apr 10, 2007