    Anyone tried magicJack yet. I do a lot of faxing and wondered how that works
    out.
    Sounds like a good thing if it works.

    J. Simmons, Jul 14, 2009

  2. J. Simmons

    Mike Easter Guest

    J. Simmons wrote:
    > Anyone tried magicJack yet. I do a lot of faxing and wondered how that
    > works out.

    Online reports are all over the map. Some have no trouble and some do.

    There are a lot of ways of accomplishing fax needs, depending on what
    works best for you and what your existing resources are. Do you have a
    landline? Do you have both freestanding and computer fax capability? Do
    you currently use a LD service such as OneSuite? Are your needs
    principally sending or receiving?

    Spending 2 cents to send a fax across the country isn't much compared to
    not knowing whether your MJ is going to work.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jul 14, 2009

  3. J. Simmons

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The J. Simmons Post:
    > Anyone tried magicJack yet. I do a lot of faxing and wondered how that works
    > out.
    > Sounds like a good thing if it works.

    I have it, and it works quite well for LD calls. I can not vouch for
    fax. Some activities on the computer can cause a slight
    interruption, but not disconnected. For less than 20 bucks a year it
    is well worth the price. If you were using it for LD calls you could
    always try the fax and see what happens. Good Luck
    --
    Old Gringo
    Just West Of Nowhere

    OldGringo38, Jul 14, 2009
  4. J. Simmons

    J. Simmons Guest

    Thanks. I do use a land line for outgoing fax because of ease of use and
    reliability and use "efax" for incoming fax. I have a flat bed scanner that
    I could use for outgoing fax with the right software and fax service ( I
    seem to remember that Windows 98 had that included) but that sounds like
    extra trouble and expense with XP. I would like to try magicJack but....not
    sure yet. I would appreciate any suggestions.

    J. Simmons, Jul 15, 2009
  5. J. Simmons

    1PW Guest

    J. Simmons wrote:
    > Thanks. I do use a land line for outgoing fax because of ease of use and
    > reliability and use "efax" for incoming fax. I have a flat bed scanner that
    > I could use for outgoing fax with the right software and fax service ( I
    > seem to remember that Windows 98 had that included) but that sounds like
    > extra trouble and expense with XP. I would like to try magicJack but....not
    > sure yet. I would appreciate any suggestions.
    >
    > "Mike Easter" <> wrote in message
    >> J. Simmons wrote:
    >>> Anyone tried magicJack yet. I do a lot of faxing and wondered how that
    >>> works out.

    >> Online reports are all over the map. Some have no trouble and some do.
    >>
    >> There are a lot of ways of accomplishing fax needs, depending on what
    >> works best for you and what your existing resources are. Do you have a
    >> landline? Do you have both freestanding and computer fax capability? Do
    >> you currently use a LD service such as OneSuite? Are your needs
    >> principally sending or receiving?
    >>
    >> Spending 2 cents to send a fax across the country isn't much compared to
    >> not knowing whether your MJ is going to work.
    >>

    >> --
    >> Mike Easter

    Even if you buy the magicJack and it's an unqualified failure with
    fax, you still have phone service w/long distance for a year for the
    initial purchase price.

    Pete
    --
    1PW @?6A62?FEH9:DE=6o2@=]4@> [r4o7t]

    1PW, Jul 15, 2009
  6. J. Simmons

    Hd Guest

    "J. Simmons" <> wrote in message
    > Anyone tried magicJack yet. I do a lot of faxing and wondered how that
    > works out.
    > Sounds like a good thing if it works.

    Maybe Dan C knows the answer. He's a very helpful guy. A plus to this
    community.

    Hd, Jul 15, 2009
  7. J. Simmons

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 22:07:40 -0500, "Hd" <>
    wrote:

    >Maybe Dan C knows the answer. He's a very helpful guy. A plus to this
    >community.

    Don't forget a good 'ol chucktard reset of the BIOS.

    Evan Platt, Jul 15, 2009
  8. "J. Simmons" <> deflatulated
    this with news:vB67m.5$:

    http://www.magicjack.com/7/faq/

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; ; and *NO*,
    that is NOT a snake in my pocket; but,

    "Stupid is as '§ñühw¤£f' does." --Forrest Gump's Mamma
    "Run 'Lookout', Run!" --Forrest Gump's Jenny

    Bucky Breeder, Jul 15, 2009