    rebuild them!

    There is some kind of IBM "magic password" back-door... as far as I know...

    Anyone here could help me?

    gaucho, Oct 17, 2003

  2. In article <>,
    gaucho <> wrote:
    : I do not know how to write in Russian...

    I'm not sure why you would want to in this newsgroup ??

    :My boss gave me the task of hack in a IBM 8265 switch as they lost the admin
    :password.

    IBM switches very rarely get discussed in this Cisco-specific newsgroup,
    comp.dcom.sys.cisco .
    --
    Tenser, said the Tensor.
    Tenser, said the Tensor.

    Walter Roberson, Oct 17, 2003

  3. gaucho

    shope Guest

    "gaucho" <> wrote in message
    > I do not know how to write in Russian...
    >
    > My boss gave me the task of hack in a IBM 8265 switch as they lost the

    admin
    > password.
    >
    > I have physical access to the machine.But
    >
    > I can not kill all the configurations in place because no one here know

    how to

    The ibm "how to" manuals are at www.redbooks.ibm.com
    and the manuals are at www.networking.ibm.com

    (follow the support link).

    Even so you are not going to be able to do uch unless you have the design
    docs for the ATM addressing etc.

    Maybe you should ring up IBM and pay for some support?

    i vaguely remember tht the 8265 can have 2 ATM fabric cards, and 2
    controllers, so you may be able to put your card into a chassis with another
    and copy the config across - but dont know if that affects the password.

    it may be cheaper to get a new one 2nd hand.....

    > There is some kind of IBM "magic password" back-door... as far as I

    know...

    dont know of one....

    --
    Regards