    How much does this run? Any advice/leads would be greatly
    appreciated. Thanks!

    Harold
    haroldact, Nov 19, 2004

  2. haroldact

    Alan Browne Guest

    haroldact wrote:

    > I would like to create a magazine-style wedding album using the high
    > resolution files that my photographer gave to me. He didn't do
    > magazine albums, so I thought I would put my design background to work
    > and create one of my own. My question is, once I have designed the
    > pages for the album where can I go to have the album bound and put
    > into a album/book? Would I need to send prints or digital copies?
    > How much does this run? Any advice/leads would be greatly
    > appreciated. Thanks!

    Contact a local commercial printer might be a good place to start.

    -- [SI gallery]: http://www.pbase.com/shootin
    -- [SI rulz]: http://www.aliasimages.com/si/rulz.html
    Alan Browne, Nov 19, 2004

  3. haroldact

    zeitgeist Guest

    > I would like to create a magazine-style wedding album using the high
    > resolution files that my photographer gave to me. He didn't do
    > magazine albums, so I thought I would put my design background to work
    > and create one of my own. My question is, once I have designed the
    > pages for the album where can I go to have the album bound and put
    > into a album/book? Would I need to send prints or digital copies?
    > How much does this run? Any advice/leads would be greatly
    > appreciated. Thanks!

    most of the major album companies are getting into the digital album coffee
    table books now. but there are a couple sites that market wedding albums
    that used to be available only to professional photographers now directly to
    the public.

    try this one: http://www.albumart.com/

    keep in mind that even wholesale costs are high. Fine quality albums are
    labor intensive even with digital output. The first one is pricy and then
    you get discounts on the parent books etc.

    My favorite book is by Capri in NY, they do excellent quality work you can
    really feel and see the money in your hands. Since you are doing all the
    printing and can make your own composites, multiple images on a page, float
    one image over a background etc, you can get a flush mount book and save.
    They run about 200 or so.
    zeitgeist, Nov 22, 2004