    my lacking study materials for the least amount of money?

    Transcender practice exams or should I just get the
    Gunderloy book (for 70-305)?

    Mike, May 20, 2004

  2. Mike

    Yorkie Guest

    I also bought the MS SPTK and read a couple of the books
    before coming across this newshroup and seeing the
    recommendations for the Que books (Gunderloy:VB,
    Kalani:C#).

    I felt very under-prepared for my first exam (70-229 SQL
    Server 2000) after reading just the MS book so got the
    Que equivalent and read it in 4 days. I passed the exam
    and am of the opinion that I most likely would have
    failed if I had relied on the content of the MS book, and
    I've got 15 years epxerience of SQL and 8 of SQL Server.
    The MS books miss out great chunks of required learning,
    and gloss over important areas, whereas the Que books are
    a lot easier to read and don't seem so much as a chore.

    If you've got the time and money, read both sets as there
    may be omissions in the Que books that the MS books pick
    up on.

    Yorkie, May 20, 2004

  3. >of buying the MS Press Training guides(set of 4 books)
    >before I started reading the boards.

    Oh well, live and learn...

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 20, 2004