    Virus scanner

    Thanks for all the help and ideas.

    John
    LO&MsLO, Feb 1, 2004

  2. LO&MsLO

    Ionizer Guest

    "LO&MsLO" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > And when I pulled it more trouble. Some temp directory is missing so
    > that every time I boot and try to open MusicMatch I get a message that
    > the "MusicMatch temp directory is missing. Do you want to create one
    > now". Also I can load RealPllay but once I reboot it won't play. And
    > web sites with audio won't open. I never had these problems with
    > Norton products until I installed XP
    > I'm through with Nortons. I'll chnge back to ZoneAlarm and decide on a
    > Virus scanner
    >
    > Thanks for all the help and ideas.

    What do your media player troubles have to do with "Nortons?" Please
    attempt to be lucid.

    --
    Ian.
    Ionizer, Feb 1, 2004

  3. LO&MsLO

    °Mike° Guest

    You've already answered your own question. Get rid
    of Norton software.

    Anti-virus programs:
    --------------------
    KAV (Kaspersky)
    http://www.kaspersky.com/

    eZ Antivirus (Computer Associates)

    Vet (Computer Associates)
    http://www.vet.com.au/html/products/index.html

    Sophos
    http://www.sophos.com/products/software/antivirus/

    On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 12:39:39 -0600, in
    <>
    LO&MsLO scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Feb 1, 2004
  4. LO&MsLO

    TopHat Guest

    I threw Norton out the door and never looked back. I use NOD32 now and it
    works just great. Comes highly recommeded from wilders.org. I tried
    BitDefender and it wouldn't work with my spam program and rebooted during HD
    scan. Hope this helps.

    TopHat

    TopHat, Feb 1, 2004