    Thanks either way.

    --
    http://www.loudnessrace.net

    Doonie, Aug 14, 2004

  2. When it's Madacy, it's a gamble. i've gotten DVD's from them that really
    sucked and some that were okay.

    Mike

    Michael Rogers, Aug 14, 2004

  3. Doonie

    Dick Sidbury Guest

    Michael Rogers wrote:

    > When it's Madacy, it's a gamble. i've gotten DVD's from them that really
    > sucked and some that were okay.

    I've never gotten one that's OK. Could you list a few?

    thanks

    dick

    Dick Sidbury, Aug 14, 2004
  4. Charade is decent (but not anamorphic)the Drive In DVD's are hit or
    miss. The quality is always below what you would normally expect from a
    major studio but they still can be decent.

    Mike

    Michael Rogers, Aug 15, 2004
  5. Doonie

    karlpov Guest

    On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 01:08:14 GMT, Doonie
    <> wrote:

    > Bought this Wednesday from Costco. It has 5 discs with 20 episodes
    >total.
    > Does anyone know of a review of this set that talks about picture
    >quality (I can't find one using the regular channels - Google, major
    >review sites, etc. )or does anyone have it who can tell me first hand?
    >I want to keep it unopened and return it, if it's crap.
    > Thanks either way.

    I didn't find Madacy's earlier release of this series (two discs --
    all of the episodes on them are again included on this newer set,
    which I haven't yet bought) viewable, but then I don't have high
    expectations for TV shows half a century old. What the hell do you
    expect? I enjoy Archie Duncan as Lestrade more than I do the two
    stars. With more hair, he played Little John in the Richard Greene
    Robin Hood series as well.

    Maybe I've been lucky, but the only wholly intolerable Madacy I've
    gotten was the ancient The Front Page with Adolf Menjou. I'm sure
    there are better transfers available of His Girl Friday and And Then
    There Were None, for instance, but I was able to enjoy Madacy's.

    karlpov, Aug 16, 2004
  6. Doonie

    Doonie Guest

    On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 03:11:43 GMT, karlpov wrote:

    >On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 01:08:14 GMT, Doonie wrote:
    >
    >> Bought this Wednesday from Costco. It has 5 discs with 20 episodes
    >>total.
    >> Does anyone know of a review of this set that talks about picture
    >>quality (I can't find one using the regular channels - Google, major
    >>review sites, etc. )or does anyone have it who can tell me first hand?
    >>I want to keep it unopened and return it, if it's crap.

    >I didn't find Madacy's earlier release of this series (two discs --
    >all of the episodes on them are again included on this newer set,
    >which I haven't yet bought) viewable, but then I don't have high
    >expectations for TV shows half a century old. What the hell do you
    >expect?

    Viewable would be good. :) I guess I couldn't expect a restoration
    job for the low price this set was going for.

    --
    http://www.loudnessrace.net

    Doonie, Aug 16, 2004