Mad at Voipfone..been cut off

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by RH, Mar 7, 2007.

  1. RH

    RH Guest

    So I have been sing the praises of voipfone for a while now, they have been
    rock solid with great call quality
    with great functions like PSTN fall back and Divertion services.

    Then all of a sudden, by chance I find incoming line does not work, I can
    make outgoing but incoming line rings and answers but is silent (caller
    paying for the call) test around and even try the divert all calls function
    same thing.

    So send off an email to support and find I have been cut off. I had no
    warning what so ever. turns out, my line rental has not been paid from last
    Nov. Rather than inform me about this either that the money was owed or what
    they intended to do, they just cut me off. Now the really odd thing is I
    have credit in my account, Since that date I have topped up my account and
    even have a credit card on file for auto top up, which has been sucked of at
    least £40 or 50 since Nov.

    I have been told to add credit to regain the service. So how the F*&k do I
    stop this from happening again. From what I have seen on teh website there
    is only place to add credit, There is no option for call credit and line
    rental credit. How can tell the system not to use that credit for calls but
    for the line rental.

    This really sucks, I use the line for business, I avoided sipgate etc
    because I wanted a decent product. This has made me out to look like a prize
    idiot to my customer, I do not even know how long I have been down as
    outgoing calls still work and how much work I may have lost.

    Still Fuming

    RH

    RH, Mar 7, 2007

  2. RH

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "RH" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > This really sucks, I use the line for business, I avoided
    > sipgate etc because I wanted a decent product. This has
    > made me out to look like a prize idiot to my customer, I
    > do not even know how long I have been down as outgoing
    > calls still work and how much work I may have lost.
    > Still Fuming

    Strange, my 5 Sipgate numbers have all been problem-free for the best part
    of a year.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Mar 7, 2007

  3. RH

    Tim Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:
    > Strange, my 5 Sipgate numbers have all been problem-free for the best part
    > of a year.

    I don't think you need to renew a sipgate number.

    You do at Voipfone, but they send a lot of email reminders and there are
    warnings in red in the control panel.

    Tim

    Tim, Mar 7, 2007
  4. RH

    RH Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > "RH" <> wrote in message
    >
    > [snip]
    >
    >> This really sucks, I use the line for business, I avoided
    >> sipgate etc because I wanted a decent product. This has
    >> made me out to look like a prize idiot to my customer, I
    >> do not even know how long I have been down as outgoing
    >> calls still work and how much work I may have lost.
    >> Still Fuming

    > Strange, my 5 Sipgate numbers have all been problem-free for the best part
    > of a year.

    I have got to admit not had any major problems with Sipgate but there are a
    lot of negative noise about them. which I have to bear in mind as I need a
    provider who will be there in 6/12/24+ months time for he incoming number.
    As for outgoing calls I still use Sipgate for my mobile calls. With my
    Trixbox and sipgate I have halfed the cost of diverting calls to my voipfone
    number to my mobile

    RH, Mar 7, 2007
  5. RH

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "RH" <> wrote in message
    > "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > > "RH" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > [snip]
    > >
    > > > This really sucks, I use the line for business, I
    > > > avoided sipgate etc because I wanted a decent
    > > > product. This has made me out to look like a prize
    > > > idiot to my customer, I do not even know how long I
    > > > have been down as outgoing calls still work and how
    > > > much work I may have lost. Still Fuming

    > > Strange, my 5 Sipgate numbers have all been
    > > problem-free for the best part of a year.
    > >

    > I have got to admit not had any major problems with
    > Sipgate but there are a lot of negative noise about them.
    > which I have to bear in mind as I need a provider who
    > will be there in 6/12/24+ months time for he incoming
    > number. As for outgoing calls I still use Sipgate for my
    > mobile calls. With my Trixbox and sipgate I have halfed
    > the cost of diverting calls to my voipfone number to my
    > mobile

    I've been using them since they first started in the UK around 2½ years
    ago. They did have more than their fair share of problems in the first
    year but these have largely been sorted out, despite the efforts of a
    certain poster (who isn't even a customer) to prove otherwise.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Mar 8, 2007
  6. RH

    RH Guest

    "Tim" <> wrote in message
    > Ivor Jones wrote:
    >> Strange, my 5 Sipgate numbers have all been problem-free for the best
    >> part of a year.

    > I don't think you need to renew a sipgate number.
    >
    > You do at Voipfone, but they send a lot of email reminders and there are
    > warnings in red in the control panel.

    I checked my email system, I got one email reminder which I thought I had
    acted on by buying more credit only way I could see to pay for it. and the
    warnings in red were all for expired extension serviced I had cancelled 6
    months ago not the line rental.

    RH, Mar 8, 2007
  7. RH

    keymaster Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message

    > "RH" <> wrote in message
    >> "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    >> > "RH" <> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > [snip]

    >> > Strange, my 5 Sipgate numbers have all been
    >> > problem-free for the best part of a year.
    >> >

    >> I have got to admit not had any major problems with
    >> Sipgate but there are a lot of negative noise about them.
    >> which I have to bear in mind as I need a provider who
    >> will be there in 6/12/24+ months time for he incoming
    >> number. As for outgoing calls I still use Sipgate for my
    >> mobile calls. With my Trixbox and sipgate I have halfed
    >> the cost of diverting calls to my voipfone number to my
    >> mobile

    Hi
    Have you looked at voip.co.uk, I too was at voipfonefor a while and
    recommended to many people but after a dispute I changed myself and my
    friends over to voip.co.uk and have never regretted. Voip.co.uk's offer isnt
    so feature rich but I have found them more stable and reliable and anytime I
    have called Chris has been 100%.
    cheers
    Roy

    keymaster, Mar 8, 2007
  8. RH

    RH Guest

    > Hi
    > Have you looked at voip.co.uk, I too was at voipfonefor a while and
    > recommended to many people but after a dispute I changed myself and my
    > friends over to voip.co.uk and have never regretted. Voip.co.uk's offer
    > isnt so feature rich but I have found them more stable and reliable and
    > anytime I have called Chris has been 100%.
    > cheers
    > Roy

    For outgoing calls I have the pick of providers which I have subbed to.
    problem is I have an incoming number with voipfone which I can not really
    change. and I do not think VOIP number porting is possible yet

    RH, Mar 9, 2007
  9. RH

    Guest

    On Fri, 9 Mar 2007 08:39:15 -0000, "RH" <>
    wrote:

    >For outgoing calls I have the pick of providers which I have subbed to.
    >problem is I have an incoming number with voipfone which I can not really
    >change. and I do not think VOIP number porting is possible yet

    Maybe it is I had both my Vonage numbers ported over to voip.co.uk
    without any problems .

    , Mar 9, 2007
  10. RH

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "RH" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi
    > > Have you looked at voip.co.uk, I too was at voipfonefor
    > > a while and recommended to many people but after a
    > > dispute I changed myself and my friends over to
    > > voip.co.uk and have never regretted. Voip.co.uk's offer
    > > isnt so feature rich but I have found them more stable
    > > and reliable and anytime I have called Chris has been
    > > 100%. cheers
    > > Roy

    > For outgoing calls I have the pick of providers which I
    > have subbed to. problem is I have an incoming number with
    > voipfone which I can not really change. and I do not
    > think VOIP number porting is possible yet

    It depends on the provider. Gradwell can port in numbers and I think
    Sipgate can too, but I've never tried it.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Mar 9, 2007
  11. RH

    Herman Guest

    "RH" <> wrote in message

    >> Hi
    >> Have you looked at voip.co.uk, I too was at voipfonefor a while and
    >> recommended to many people but after a dispute I changed myself and my
    >> friends over to voip.co.uk and have never regretted. Voip.co.uk's offer
    >> isnt so feature rich but I have found them more stable and reliable and
    >> anytime I have called Chris has been 100%.
    >> cheers
    >> Roy

    > For outgoing calls I have the pick of providers which I have subbed to.
    > problem is I have an incoming number with voipfone which I can not really
    > change. and I do not think VOIP number porting is possible yet

    VoIP number porting can be possible. I have done it between Vonage and
    voip.co.uk and I think it was made easier because they used the same carrier
    (Gamma). It is worth checking the carrier out the carrier of your number in
    the UK phone code locator (www.ukphoneinfo.com) and finding a good provider
    using the same carrier to stand a better chance of porting.

    Herman, Mar 9, 2007
  12. RH

    alamgir

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2007
    Messages:
    3
    I use connexin, infact i think i heard about them on this forum. They have pstn fall back etc etc.. I emailed them and got a free consultation where i discussed what i needed for my catering business. Now i have 3 lines with them... i highly recommend them. www.connexin.co.uk

    alamgir, Mar 9, 2007
  13. RH

    Mark Guest

    On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 11:24:05 -0000, "RH" <>
    wrote:

    >"Tim" <> wrote in message
    >> Ivor Jones wrote:
    >>> Strange, my 5 Sipgate numbers have all been problem-free for the best
    >>> part of a year.

    >> I don't think you need to renew a sipgate number.
    >>
    >> You do at Voipfone, but they send a lot of email reminders and there are
    >> warnings in red in the control panel.

    >I checked my email system, I got one email reminder which I thought I had
    >acted on by buying more credit only way I could see to pay for it. and the
    >warnings in red were all for expired extension serviced I had cancelled 6
    >months ago not the line rental.

    So are you saying you did get an e-mail notice about a failed payment
    for your incoming number and failed to act on it? In which case it is
    down to you, sadly.

    Mark, Mar 9, 2007
  14. RH

    Paul Cupis Guest

    RH wrote:
    >> Have you looked at voip.co.uk, I too was at voipfonefor a while and
    >> recommended to many people but after a dispute I changed myself and my
    >> friends over to voip.co.uk and have never regretted. Voip.co.uk's offer
    >> isnt so feature rich but I have found them more stable and reliable and
    >> anytime I have called Chris has been 100%.

    > For outgoing calls I have the pick of providers which I have subbed to.
    > problem is I have an incoming number with voipfone which I can not really
    > change. and I do not think VOIP number porting is possible yet

    All operators are required to support porting numbers away from them.

    Paul Cupis, Mar 9, 2007