Macrovision question?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Hagar, Nov 29, 2004.

  1. Hagar

    Hagar Guest

    I have seen a couple of posts about equipment made for countries south of
    the US not having Macrovision. The border is quite a way from me but I
    would make the trip if I can find out if the info is true.

    We have a large projection TV that we really like but when I feed it from
    a dvd player it puts green lines diagnally across the picture. The
    picture from the VCR fuzzes and will actually roll on occasion - and I
    haven't seen a tv picture roll for years.

    A techie friend tells me that it is false triggering from the crappy MV
    built into the equipment that is the culprit. He showed me by hooking up
    a professional player and the picture was crystal clear. He also had some
    kind of filter that he hooked between my player and TV and it also
    cleared up the problem. However, I really can't afford the thousands
    required for professional equipment.

    Anybody know about the truth of no MV on non US stuff?

    Thanks all
    Hagar

    Hagar, Nov 29, 2004

  2. Hagar

    kaydigi Guest

    "Hagar" <> wrote in message
    >I have seen a couple of posts about equipment made for countries south of
    > the US not having Macrovision. The border is quite a way from me but I
    > would make the trip if I can find out if the info is true.
    >
    > We have a large projection TV that we really like but when I feed it from
    > a dvd player it puts green lines diagnally across the picture. The
    > picture from the VCR fuzzes and will actually roll on occasion - and I
    > haven't seen a tv picture roll for years.
    >
    > A techie friend tells me that it is false triggering from the crappy MV
    > built into the equipment that is the culprit. He showed me by hooking up
    > a professional player and the picture was crystal clear. He also had some
    > kind of filter that he hooked between my player and TV and it also
    > cleared up the problem. However, I really can't afford the thousands
    > required for professional equipment.
    >
    > Anybody know about the truth of no MV on non US stuff?
    >
    > Thanks all
    > Hagar

    The adapter you are looking for cost about $25 bucks. Try doing a google
    search on Marcrovision remover or RF modulator.

    kaydigi, Nov 29, 2004

  3. Hagar

    luminos Guest

    The most sophisticated of macrovision and allied copy protection in the US
    can be removed by the new Sima color corrector or the Sima GoDVD
    device...about $80.

    luminos, Nov 29, 2004
  4. In article <>,
    Hagar <> writes:
    > I have seen a couple of posts about equipment made for countries south of
    > the US not having Macrovision. The border is quite a way from me but I
    > would make the trip if I can find out if the info is true.
    >
    > We have a large projection TV that we really like but when I feed it from
    > a dvd player it puts green lines diagnally across the picture. The
    > picture from the VCR fuzzes and will actually roll on occasion - and I
    > haven't seen a tv picture roll for years.
    >
    > A techie friend tells me that it is false triggering from the crappy MV
    > built into the equipment that is the culprit. He showed me by hooking up
    > a professional player and the picture was crystal clear. He also had some
    > kind of filter that he hooked between my player and TV and it also
    > cleared up the problem. However, I really can't afford the thousands
    > required for professional equipment.
    >
    > Anybody know about the truth of no MV on non US stuff?
    >
    > Thanks all
    > Hagar

    Check videoguys.com, they sell several units that will do what you
    need.

    David E. Bath, Nov 29, 2004
  5. Hagar

    Joe McC Guest

    Joe McC, Nov 30, 2004
  6. Hagar

    Jordan Lund Guest

    Hagar <> wrote in message news:<>...

    > We have a large projection TV that we really like but when I feed it from
    > a dvd player it puts green lines diagnally across the picture. The
    > picture from the VCR fuzzes and will actually roll on occasion - and I
    > haven't seen a tv picture roll for years.

    The problem is that you have your DVD player connected to the VCR.
    Most big screen sets have multiple inputs on them. Use one set for the
    DVD player and a different set for the VCR. Viola! Problem solved!

    p.s. Most people don't know this... but you used to be able to easily
    defeat Macrovision by running a cable from the a/v OUT on a big screen
    to a VCR. That way you can record DVDs to tape. Although I don't know
    why you would want to.

    - Jordan

    Jordan Lund, Dec 2, 2004