macrovision buster hack red dvd pro

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by guy thornton, Oct 15, 2003.

  1. guy thornton

    guy thornton Guest

    has anyone purchased the dvd red pro macrovision eliminator device?
    i am curious to know if it actually works, and if this company is legitimate.

    thanks

    guy
    guy thornton, Oct 15, 2003
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. On 15 Oct 2003 13:17:04 -0700, (guy thornton) wrote:

    >has anyone purchased the dvd red pro macrovision eliminator device?
    >i am curious to know if it actually works, and if this company is legitimate.
    >
    >thanks
    >
    >guy



    Why? You've no reason to crack the macrovision unless you're just stealing.

    SpeedByrd PhD
    SpeedByrd PhD., Oct 15, 2003
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. SpeedByrd PhD. <> wrote:

    >You've no reason to crack the macrovision unless you're just stealing.


    Oh, bullshit.

    Macrovision destroys the integrity of the video signal. It creates all
    sorts of artifacts, even in "approved" uses.


    --
    Reply address munged. You can figure it out.
    CAndersen (Kimba), Oct 16, 2003
    #3
  4. guy thornton

    Biz Guest

    "CAndersen (Kimba)" <KimbaWLion_aol.com@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
    news:...
    > SpeedByrd PhD. <> wrote:
    >
    > >You've no reason to crack the macrovision unless you're just stealing.

    >
    > Oh, bullshit.
    >
    > Macrovision destroys the integrity of the video signal. It creates all
    > sorts of artifacts, even in "approved" uses.
    >
    >
    > --

    Not on any proper a/v equipment manufactured in the last 5 years it doesnt.
    These responses defending the defeat of mv for supposed "valid" reasons have
    gotten so lame. 99% of the people out there have no need to defeat mv
    beyond their wanting to copy the videos.
    Biz, Oct 16, 2003
    #4
  5. guy thornton

    Codswallop Guest

    On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 01:26:14 GMT, Biz wrote in alt.video.dvd:

    > 99% of the people out there have no need to defeat mv beyond their
    > wanting to copy the videos.


    My JVC VCR is /extremely/ susceptible to MacroVision. On many DVD
    players, it will mess up the brightness/contrast even when /playing/
    DVDs; if recording, it's completely unwatchable.

    I recently purchased a second DVD player which has MacroVision disabled,
    and it works fine through the VCR (TV it's used on only has one
    composite input).

    What about people who have a TV with only an RF input? Most DVD players
    don't have RF outputs, but they can use the VCR as an interim
    "convertor".

    --
    - Cods


    (un ROT-13 to email)
    Codswallop, Oct 16, 2003
    #5
  6. On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 21:17:41 -0400, "CAndersen (Kimba)" <KimbaWLion_aol.com@127.0.0.1> wrote:

    >SpeedByrd PhD. <> wrote:
    >
    >>You've no reason to crack the macrovision unless you're just stealing.

    >
    >Oh, bullshit.
    >
    >Macrovision destroys the integrity of the video signal. It creates all
    >sorts of artifacts, even in "approved" uses.



    Oh bullshit. Who made you the expert?

    SpeedByrd PhD
    SpeedByrd PhD., Oct 16, 2003
    #6
  7. On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 21:17:41 -0400, "CAndersen (Kimba)" <KimbaWLion_aol.com@127.0.0.1> wrote:

    >SpeedByrd PhD. <> wrote:
    >
    >>You've no reason to crack the macrovision unless you're just stealing.

    >
    >Oh, bullshit.
    >
    >Macrovision destroys the integrity of the video signal. It creates all
    >sorts of artifacts, even in "approved" uses.



    Try using equipment that isn't so crappy.

    SpeedByrd PhD
    SpeedByrd PhD., Oct 16, 2003
    #7
  8. On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 01:38:37 GMT, Codswallop <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 01:26:14 GMT, Biz wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    >
    >> 99% of the people out there have no need to defeat mv beyond their
    >> wanting to copy the videos.

    >
    >My JVC VCR is /extremely/ susceptible to MacroVision. On many DVD
    >players, it will mess up the brightness/contrast even when /playing/
    >DVDs; if recording, it's completely unwatchable.
    >
    >I recently purchased a second DVD player which has MacroVision disabled,
    >and it works fine through the VCR (TV it's used on only has one
    >composite input).
    >
    >What about people who have a TV with only an RF input? Most DVD players
    >don't have RF outputs, but they can use the VCR as an interim
    >"convertor".


    Get better equipment.

    SpeedByrd PhD
    SpeedByrd PhD., Oct 16, 2003
    #8
  9. guy thornton

    TCS Guest

    On 15 Oct 2003 21:27:12 -0500, SpeedByrd PhD <> wrote:
    >On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 21:17:41 -0400, "CAndersen (Kimba)" <KimbaWLion_aol.com@127.0.0.1> wrote:


    >>SpeedByrd PhD. <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>You've no reason to crack the macrovision unless you're just stealing.

    >>
    >>Oh, bullshit.
    >>
    >>Macrovision destroys the integrity of the video signal. It creates all
    >>sorts of artifacts, even in "approved" uses.



    >Oh bullshit. Who made you the expert?



    He must look like an expert compared to an idiot like you. It doesn't take a
    genius to have seen a setup with macrovision causing the brightness to
    oscillate.
    TCS, Oct 16, 2003
    #9
  10. SpeedByrd PhD. <> wrote:

    >Oh bullshit. Who made you the expert?


    My eyes.


    --
    Reply address munged. You can figure it out.
    CAndersen (Kimba), Oct 16, 2003
    #10
  11. guy thornton

    Codswallop Guest

    On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 02:29:50 GMT, SpeedByrd PhD. wrote in alt.video.dvd:

    >>> 99% of the people out there have no need to defeat mv beyond their
    >>> wanting to copy the videos.

    >>
    >>My JVC VCR is /extremely/ susceptible to MacroVision. On many DVD
    >>players, it will mess up the brightness/contrast even when /playing/
    >>DVDs; if recording, it's completely unwatchable.
    >>
    >>I recently purchased a second DVD player which has MacroVision
    >>disabled, and it works fine through the VCR (TV it's used on only has
    >>one composite input).
    >>
    >>What about people who have a TV with only an RF input? Most DVD
    >>players don't have RF outputs, but they can use the VCR as an interim
    >>"convertor".

    >
    > Get better equipment.


    What would you have me get? A 7.1 surround system with a 60" plasma
    screen for a bedroom? That's where the equipment to which I was
    referring is location.

    --
    - Cods


    (un ROT-13 to email)
    Codswallop, Oct 16, 2003
    #11
  12. On 16 Oct 2003 03:04:10 GMT, TCS <> wrote:

    >On 15 Oct 2003 21:27:12 -0500, SpeedByrd PhD <> wrote:
    >>On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 21:17:41 -0400, "CAndersen (Kimba)" <KimbaWLion_aol.com@127.0.0.1> wrote:

    >
    >>>SpeedByrd PhD. <> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>>You've no reason to crack the macrovision unless you're just stealing.
    >>>
    >>>Oh, bullshit.
    >>>
    >>>Macrovision destroys the integrity of the video signal. It creates all
    >>>sorts of artifacts, even in "approved" uses.

    >
    >
    >>Oh bullshit. Who made you the expert?

    >
    >
    >He must look like an expert compared to an idiot like you. It doesn't take a
    >genius to have seen a setup with macrovision causing the brightness to
    >oscillate.



    Doesn't if you don't try to copy it!

    SpeedByrd PhD
    SpeedByrd PhD., Oct 16, 2003
    #12
  13. On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 23:14:09 -0400, "CAndersen (Kimba)" <KimbaWLion_aol.com@127.0.0.1> wrote:

    >SpeedByrd PhD. <> wrote:
    >
    >>Oh bullshit. Who made you the expert?

    >
    >My eyes.



    Get 'em checked.

    If you don't try to copy with macrovision, everything looks just fine. What's the big deal with all the
    'cracking' of the macovision? Watch the disc the way it is.

    SpeedByrd PhD
    SpeedByrd PhD., Oct 16, 2003
    #13
  14. On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 03:20:51 GMT, Codswallop <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 02:29:50 GMT, SpeedByrd PhD. wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    >
    >>>> 99% of the people out there have no need to defeat mv beyond their
    >>>> wanting to copy the videos.
    >>>
    >>>My JVC VCR is /extremely/ susceptible to MacroVision. On many DVD
    >>>players, it will mess up the brightness/contrast even when /playing/
    >>>DVDs; if recording, it's completely unwatchable.
    >>>
    >>>I recently purchased a second DVD player which has MacroVision
    >>>disabled, and it works fine through the VCR (TV it's used on only has
    >>>one composite input).
    >>>
    >>>What about people who have a TV with only an RF input? Most DVD
    >>>players don't have RF outputs, but they can use the VCR as an interim
    >>>"convertor".

    >>
    >> Get better equipment.

    >
    >What would you have me get? A 7.1 surround system with a 60" plasma
    >screen for a bedroom? That's where the equipment to which I was
    >referring is location.



    That's up to you. Macrovision isn't your problem. Never has been for me. Of course I'm not trying to
    'copy' (steal) videos, either.

    SpeedByrd PhD
    SpeedByrd PhD., Oct 16, 2003
    #14
  15. guy thornton

    guy thornton Guest

    the reason to "crack" is as simple as having a TV with only RF in, and
    having to run the dvd player through a vcr. any macrovision protected
    dvd won't play with this set up. and getting an rf modulator means
    also getting a switcher box, and having to hit a lot of extra switched
    etc, and spending even more money on a system that isn't serving me at
    all right now unless the dvd isn't macrovision protected. unless i
    want to hook up and unhook my vhs and dvd players every time i want to
    watch something.....a bit lame, no?

    i could care less about copying it - it's right there at the video
    store, what do i need a copy for? more crap to store - no thanks.

    but you know what? that wasn't the original question. the question was
    about whether this dvd red pro product is legitimate or not.

    anybody?

    thanks

    guy
    guy thornton, Oct 16, 2003
    #15
  16. SpeedByrd PhD. <> wrote:

    >If you don't try to copy with macrovision, everything looks just fine.


    I see you're ignoring statements to the contrary from other people. Face
    the facts, you're wrong, and Macrovision is wrong.

    I am always amazed at how some people are willing to unquestioningly buy
    the corporate lie that we're all thieves out here in consumer land.


    --
    Reply address munged. You can figure it out.
    CAndersen (Kimba), Oct 16, 2003
    #16
  17. On 15 Oct 2003 22:20:05 -0700, (guy thornton) wrote:

    >the reason to "crack" is as simple as having a TV with only RF in, and
    >having to run the dvd player through a vcr. any macrovision protected
    >dvd won't play with this set up. and getting an rf modulator means
    >also getting a switcher box, and having to hit a lot of extra switched
    >etc, and spending even more money on a system that isn't serving me at
    >all right now unless the dvd isn't macrovision protected. unless i
    >want to hook up and unhook my vhs and dvd players every time i want to
    >watch something.....a bit lame, no?
    >
    >i could care less about copying it - it's right there at the video
    >store, what do i need a copy for? more crap to store - no thanks.
    >
    >but you know what? that wasn't the original question. the question was
    >about whether this dvd red pro product is legitimate or not.
    >
    >anybody?
    >
    >thanks
    >
    >guy


    We've been down this old road too many times.

    SpeedByrd PhD
    SpeedByrd PhD., Oct 16, 2003
    #17
  18. On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 08:34:59 -0400, "CAndersen (Kimba)" <KimbaWLion_aol.com@127.0.0.1> wrote:

    >SpeedByrd PhD. <> wrote:
    >
    >>If you don't try to copy with macrovision, everything looks just fine.

    >
    >I see you're ignoring statements to the contrary from other people. Face
    >the facts, you're wrong, and Macrovision is wrong.



    Wrong? Why, because YOU don't like it? Doesn't make it so.
    >
    >I am always amazed at how some people are willing to unquestioningly buy
    >the corporate lie that we're all thieves out here in consumer land.


    I'm always amazed at the bullshit that thieves will come up with to justify their dishonesty.

    SpeedByrd PhD
    SpeedByrd PhD., Oct 16, 2003
    #18
  19. guy thornton

    ThePunisher Guest

    SpeedByrd PhD. wrote:
    > On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 21:17:41 -0400, "CAndersen (Kimba)"
    > <KimbaWLion_aol.com@127.0.0.1> wrote:
    >
    > > SpeedByrd PhD. <> wrote:
    > >
    > > > You've no reason to crack the macrovision unless you're just
    > > > stealing.

    > >
    > > Oh, bullshit.
    > >
    > > Macrovision destroys the integrity of the video signal. It creates
    > > all
    > > sorts of artifacts, even in "approved" uses.

    >
    >
    > Oh bullshit. Who made you the expert?
    >
    > SpeedByrd PhD


    Well I'm a senior engineer for Europes biggest VCR manufacture (which makes
    me an expert) and I'll tell you now, that CAndersen (Kimba) is totally
    correct. And you're an asshole who really doesn't have a clue, all my video
    equipment is macrovision free because my TV doesn't accept any macrovision
    signal, and before you start with the "get better equipment" crap my TV cost
    $5800 how much was yours.

    --
    ThePunisher
    ThePunisher, Oct 16, 2003
    #19
  20. guy thornton

    bowgus Guest

    So you're an "senior engineer" and you paid $5800 for a TV ... figures.

    "ThePunisher" <> wrote in message
    news:sjEjb.4291$...
    > SpeedByrd PhD. wrote:
    > > On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 21:17:41 -0400, "CAndersen (Kimba)"
    > > <KimbaWLion_aol.com@127.0.0.1> wrote:
    > >
    > > > SpeedByrd PhD. <> wrote:
    > > >
    > > > > You've no reason to crack the macrovision unless you're just
    > > > > stealing.
    > > >
    > > > Oh, bullshit.
    > > >
    > > > Macrovision destroys the integrity of the video signal. It creates
    > > > all
    > > > sorts of artifacts, even in "approved" uses.

    > >
    > >
    > > Oh bullshit. Who made you the expert?
    > >
    > > SpeedByrd PhD

    >
    > Well I'm a senior engineer for Europes biggest VCR manufacture (which

    makes
    > me an expert) and I'll tell you now, that CAndersen (Kimba) is totally
    > correct. And you're an asshole who really doesn't have a clue, all my

    video
    > equipment is macrovision free because my TV doesn't accept any macrovision
    > signal, and before you start with the "get better equipment" crap my TV

    cost
    > $5800 how much was yours.
    >
    > --
    > ThePunisher
    >
    >
    bowgus, Oct 16, 2003
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. BIG J

    REQ:Macrovision hack ALBA 109

    BIG J, Aug 16, 2003, in forum: DVD Video
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    513
    BIG J
    Aug 16, 2003
  2. Chris
    Replies:
    32
    Views:
    3,211
  3. A Better Chungking_Cash

    Macrovision hack?

    A Better Chungking_Cash, Mar 5, 2004, in forum: DVD Video
    Replies:
    107
    Views:
    9,416
    gweedo
    Sep 8, 2008
  4. Bexley

    Re: Macrovision hack?

    Bexley, Apr 9, 2004, in forum: DVD Video
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    519
    Bexley
    Apr 9, 2004
  5. Junior Cortez

    Dvd's Without Macrovision :-DVD

    Junior Cortez, Jan 4, 2006, in forum: DVD Video
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    550
    Junior Cortez
    Jan 4, 2006
Loading...

Share This Page