    command line options that will accomplish what I want.
    TIA for any assistance.

    , Apr 21, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > I have a windows GUI application that I would like to run every day at
    > a certain time. Once it is running, several selections have to be
    > made which can be done using keystrokes. Then the application is
    > closed. How can this be done without me being physically present at
    > the keyboard? In other words, i would like it to execute
    > automatically at a certain time every day. The program has no special
    > facilities for doing this - as far as I can tell it does not accept
    > command line options that will accomplish what I want.
    > TIA for any assistance.

    http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/downloads/index.cfm?categoryID=1506&itemID=62316

    shorter link:
    http://tinyurl.com/jsbgo

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Apr 21, 2006

  3. Guest

    Great! Thanks, it looks like that will do the trick. Following your
    cue I also found three other programs on Downloads.com by searching
    for "windows macro"

    On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 19:32:20 -0400, Rôgêr <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> I have a windows GUI application that I would like to run every day at
    >> a certain time. Once it is running, several selections have to be
    >> made which can be done using keystrokes. Then the application is
    >> closed. How can this be done without me being physically present at
    >> the keyboard? In other words, i would like it to execute
    >> automatically at a certain time every day. The program has no special
    >> facilities for doing this - as far as I can tell it does not accept
    >> command line options that will accomplish what I want.
    >> TIA for any assistance.

    >http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/downloads/index.cfm?categoryID=1506&itemID=62316
    >
    >shorter link:
    >http://tinyurl.com/jsbgo

    , Apr 21, 2006
  4. Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-04-20, <> wrote:
    > I have a windows GUI application that I would like to run every day at
    > a certain time. Once it is running, several selections have to be
    > made which can be done using keystrokes. Then the application is
    > closed. How can this be done without me being physically present at
    > the keyboard? In other words, i would like it to execute
    > automatically at a certain time every day. The program has no special
    > facilities for doing this - as far as I can tell it does not accept
    > command line options that will accomplish what I want.
    > TIA for any assistance.

    I thought Windows had a tool for running 'tasks' at 'scheduled times'.
    Something like "task scheduler" or "scheduled tasks" in the main menu?

    --
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Apr 21, 2006