    GPG Key ID 1B1B6A1D5A2407C3
    Noho ora mai, ka kite ano
    http://maxqnz.com/References.html

    Max Quordlepleen, Dec 18, 2003

  2. Max Quordlepleen

    Howard Guest

    Mandrake 9.2 had a Maori language option during the install routine. Can't
    say whether it works or not...

    Howard, Dec 18, 2003

  3. "Howard" <> writes:

    > Mandrake 9.2 had a Maori language option during the install routine. Can't
    > say whether it works or not...

    Neither can I. I don't want my settins to be transferred to Maaori, I
    just want to be able write the word properly, without having to type
    Maaori all the time. <g>

    --
    Registered Linux User 297164

    Max Quordlepleen, Dec 18, 2003
  4. Max Quordlepleen

    Petrushka Guest

    Max Quordlepleen wrote:
    > "Howard" <> writes:
    >
    >>Mandrake 9.2 had a Maori language option during the install routine. Can't
    >>say whether it works or not...

    > Neither can I. I don't want my settins to be transferred to Maaori, I
    > just want to be able write the word properly, without having to type
    > Maaori all the time. <g>

    If it's fonts you're missing, try
    ClearlyU BDF, at http://crl.nmsu.edu/~mleisher/cu.html
    Caslon, at http://pfaedit.sourceforge.net/sfds/
    http://www.google.com/search?q=unicode fonts linux "Latin-Extended A"

    I'm not a Linux user but I have been told truetype fonts work with
    XFree86 version 4 and later, also with some applications such as
    OpenOffice. Any font with the Latin-Extended A character set (0100 to
    017F) is what you need. Here's a ttf font that I like:
    http://scholarsfonts.net/cardofnt.html#DownloadLink

    I suspect what you really need is a means of *typing* macrons, though.
    To do that I guess you'd need to alter the mapping of your keyboard.

    Petrushka

    --
    de_meun at yahoo d0t com
    Wellington, NZ