    Lots of thanks in advance to anybody who can help to rid me of this
    pest.....

    Hans

    Tomten, Jan 30, 2004

  2. On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 11:59:36 -0500, Tomten wrote:

    > I am, again and again, getting these very annoying popups asking me if I
    > want to download some Macromedia product.

    Flash, Shockwave ?

    > I have entered NO but Macromedia
    > keeps coming back......
    >
    > Any suggestion?
    >
    > Lots of thanks in advance to anybody who can help to rid me of this
    > pest.....

    A lot of sites use Flash or Shockwave for their presentations, and they
    try to detect if you got these products installed. If you haven't then
    they prompt you to download and install them.

    --
    Michael Turner

    michael turner, Jan 30, 2004

  3. Tomten

    Harrison Guest

    Try the Avant Browser.
    It has an option to disallow Flash Animations, among other helpful
    goodies.
    Free from http://www.avantbrowser.com/

    Harrison, Jan 30, 2004
  4. Tomten

    olfart Guest

    "Tomten" <> wrote in message
    > I am, again and again, getting these very annoying popups asking me if I
    > want to download some Macromedia product. I have entered NO but

    Macromedia
    > keeps coming back......
    >
    > Any suggestion?
    >
    > Lots of thanks in advance to anybody who can help to rid me of this
    > pest.....
    >
    > Hans

    Get Turn Flash from http://members.lycos.co.uk/nirsoft1/
    it's freeware