    looked in 'All Programs' and in Add/Remove and can't find anything for it.
    Therefore, I don't know if I should do an update or not. Please help if you
    can, thanks.

    Trish, Oct 12, 2005

  2. Trish

    samuel Guest

    "Trish" <> wrote in
    news:diip7l$4ph$:

    > Can someone tell me what 'Macromedia Flash Player' is.

    Google ?? !!

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macromedia_Flash

    http://www.macromedia.com/downloads/

    > I had a
    > message and an icon that I have never seen before pop up in my
    > system tray telling me there was an update for M.F.P. I wasn't
    > aware that I even had M.F.P. I have looked in 'All Programs'
    > and in Add/Remove and can't find anything for it. Therefore, I
    > don't know if I should do an update or not.

    update

    samuel, Oct 12, 2005

  3. Trish

    Trish Guest

    "samuel" <> wrote in message
    > "Trish" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Can someone tell me what 'Macromedia Flash Player' is.

    > Google ?? !!
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macromedia_Flash
    >
    > http://www.macromedia.com/downloads/
    >

    >> I had a
    >> message and an icon that I have never seen before pop up in my
    >> system tray telling me there was an update for M.F.P. I wasn't
    >> aware that I even had M.F.P. I have looked in 'All Programs'
    >> and in Add/Remove and can't find anything for it. Therefore, I
    >> don't know if I should do an update or not.

    > update
    >
    >> Please help if you
    >> can, thanks.

    Thanks Samuel. I will do as you sugest and Update even though I didn't even
    know I had it installed on my PC. If it's not listed in my programs and it's
    not in the Add/Remove, where would I find it to know that it is actually
    installed on my PC. Thanks again for your help.I am a bit new to this one.

    Trish, Oct 12, 2005
  4. Trish

    Blood Money Guest

    On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 13:58:24 +0100, Trish wrote:

    > "samuel" <> wrote in message
    >> "Trish" <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> Can someone tell me what 'Macromedia Flash Player' is.

    >> Google ?? !!
    >>
    >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macromedia_Flash
    >>
    >> http://www.macromedia.com/downloads/
    >>

    >>> I had a
    >>> message and an icon that I have never seen before pop up in my
    >>> system tray telling me there was an update for M.F.P. I wasn't
    >>> aware that I even had M.F.P. I have looked in 'All Programs'
    >>> and in Add/Remove and can't find anything for it. Therefore, I
    >>> don't know if I should do an update or not.

    >> update
    >>
    >>> Please help if you
    >>> can, thanks.

    > Thanks Samuel. I will do as you sugest and Update even though I didn't even
    > know I had it installed on my PC. If it's not listed in my programs and it's
    > not in the Add/Remove, where would I find it to know that it is actually
    > installed on my PC. Thanks again for your help.I am a bit new to this one.

    In this case, it's a plug-in for Internet Explorer. That's why it's not in
    your Add/Remove programs list.

    Blood Money, Oct 12, 2005
  5. Trish

    Buffalo Guest

    "Trish" <> wrote in message

    > "samuel" <> wrote in message
    > > "Trish" <> wrote in
    > >
    > >> Can someone tell me what 'Macromedia Flash Player' is.

    > > Google ?? !!
    > >
    > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macromedia_Flash
    > >
    > > http://www.macromedia.com/downloads/
    > >

    > >> I had a
    > >> message and an icon that I have never seen before pop up in my
    > >> system tray telling me there was an update for M.F.P. I wasn't
    > >> aware that I even had M.F.P. I have looked in 'All Programs'
    > >> and in Add/Remove and can't find anything for it. Therefore, I
    > >> don't know if I should do an update or not.

    > > update
    > >
    > >> Please help if you
    > >> can, thanks.

    > Thanks Samuel. I will do as you sugest and Update even though I didn't even
    > know I had it installed on my PC. If it's not listed in my programs and it's
    > not in the Add/Remove, where would I find it to know that it is actually
    > installed on my PC. Thanks again for your help.I am a bit new to this one.

    It should be listed in Add-Remove (at least version 8 is).
    Its title is Macromedia Flash Player 8.(latest free release, I believe)

    Buffalo, Oct 12, 2005
  6. Trish

    Trish Guest

    > "Trish" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "samuel" <> wrote in message
    >> > "Trish" <> wrote in

    >> > Google ?? !!
    >> >
    >> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macromedia_Flash
    >> >
    >> > http://www.macromedia.com/downloads/

    >> > update

    >> Thanks Samuel. I will do as you sugest and Update even though I didn't
    >> even
    >> know I had it installed on my PC. If it's not listed in my programs and
    >> it's
    >> not in the Add/Remove, where would I find it to know that it is actually
    >> installed on my PC. Thanks again for your help.I am a bit new to this
    >> one.

    > It should be listed in Add-Remove (at least version 8 is).
    > Its title is Macromedia Flash Player 8.(latest free release, I believe)

    No, definately not there. Blood Moneys says it's a plug-in for Internet
    Explorer. That's why it's not in my Add/Remove programs list. So, Should I
    update it or not?

    Trish, Oct 12, 2005
  7. Trish

    WormWood Guest