  1. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    Any know if one is in developement or Beta?

    Kue2, May 10, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, May 10, 2006

  3. Kue2

    Jane Colman Guest

    I've got the ordinary flash player...works fine in the 32bit IE7 on XP x64.

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64bit enabled ;)
    Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation.

    Jane Colman, May 10, 2006
  4. Kue2

    M. Murcek Guest

    The 84 bit beta flash player is working uneventfully in IE7 x64 on my
    machine. Worth it just to stop seeing "this site requires flash" pop-ups...

    M. Murcek, May 11, 2006
  5. Hi:
    Would that beta flash be the one included as a download link in my post?
    (http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/fp9_beta/install_flash_player_9_beta.exe
    ) or is it another version?
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, May 11, 2006
  6. > The 84 bit beta flash player is working uneventfully in IE7 x64 on my
    > machine. Worth it just to stop seeing "this site requires flash"
    > pop-ups...

    I'd rather get the "this site requires flash" message than actual Flash
    content. Maybe it's just me. :-D

    Homer J. Simpson, May 11, 2006
  7. Kue2

    M. Murcek Guest

    Carlos - I used the link you provided. According to the Add-On Manager, it
    is flash8b.ocx

    Homer - true enough...

    M. Murcek, May 11, 2006
  8. The 9.0 beta is working for me. The 8.0 release was hit and miss. And when I
    tried to install the ActiveX control it always came up as the OS X version.

    =?Utf-8?B?S2Vu?=, May 11, 2006
  9. Kue2

    Martin S. Guest

    I'm I missing something here, I installed the Flash Player 9 Beta, but still
    no flash in IE 6, 64 bit, what gives?

    Thanks,
    Martin.

    Martin S., May 12, 2006
  10. One last question.
    Are you quite sure that you are running the 64-bit version of IE with flash?
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, May 12, 2006
  11. Carlos:

    I'm currently running IE7B2 on this machine. First I uninstalled
    all Macromedia Flash then installed the beta version. In IE 32-but the
    add-on lists it as "Shockwave Flash Object, (not verified) Adobe system,
    Enabled, ActiveX Control, Flash9a.ocx". In IE 64-bit the only Add-on listed
    is "Windows Messenger". There are 2 listings under Windows, system32,
    Macromed, Flash, Flash8b.ocx and SysWOW64, Macromed, Flash, Flash9a.ocx. I
    think the file in System32 was re-installed when a Web-site tried to install
    Flash player 8 when it was opened. I haven't tried installing it yet on my
    laptop which still has IE6 installed.

    Dennis Pack x64, IE7B2, May 12, 2006
  12. So the bottomline is Flash Player 9 works on windows x64 but only on the 32
    bit version of Internet Explorer?
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, May 12, 2006
  13. Kue2

    Larry Hodges Guest

    "Martin S." <> wrote in message
    > I'm I missing something here, I installed the Flash Player 9 Beta, but
    > still no flash in IE 6, 64 bit, what gives?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Martin.
    >

    > "Ken" <> wrote in message
    >> The 9.0 beta is working for me. The 8.0 release was hit and miss. And
    >> when I
    >> tried to install the ActiveX control it always came up as the OS X
    >> version.
    >>
    >> "Kue2" wrote:
    >>
    >>> Any know if one is in developement or Beta?

    The guys that "claim" that it works, are running IE 32 bit in x64. They
    just don't know the difference. Which is a bit odd, given they're handing
    out advice on the subject.

    Larry Hodges, May 12, 2006
  14. Larry:
    If you read my reply to Carlos, I verified that Flash9 was installed and
    also verified that it doesn't function with IE 64-bit. Carlos also noted
    that he hadn't tested it yet. I will update my posting if it works with IE6
    64-bit.

    Dennis Pack x64, IE7B2, May 12, 2006
  15. Kue2

    Martin S. Guest

    Well, no need to update, it doesn't....

    Martin S., May 12, 2006
  16. Martin:
    Thanks for the reply. I didn't think it would since Adobe runs it
    now and they still don't recognise x64 as an operating system.

    Dennis Pack x64, IE7B2, May 12, 2006
  17. Just for the record, here's the beta page:
    http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/public_beta/
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, May 12, 2006
  18. Kue2

    M. Murcek Guest

    Sure enough, Carlos, it's the 32 bit IE 7 that it installed in.

    M. Murcek, May 13, 2006
  19. Kue2

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Fri, 12 May 2006 15:09:49 -0400, "Dennis Pack x64, IE7B2"
    <> wrote:

    > Thanks for the reply. I didn't think it would since Adobe runs it
    >now and they still don't recognise x64 as an operating system.

    I've been bugging Macromedia a few times by now about the availability of a
    64-bit player, but they always said no such thing was planned.
    The weird thing is that if you try to play Flash-content in IE64, IE64 asks
    to, and actually does download the player (the 32-bit version, which won't
    run in IE64). Either IE64 reports the wrong OS-version to the
    Macromedia-server, or Macromedia doesn't check it properly, maybe thinking
    "ah, it's a higher version of the OS, so it should work", and not realising
    it's a totally different OS.

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, May 13, 2006