    Cheers
    Southern Kiwi
    southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com

    Southern Kiwi, Jul 1, 2005

  2. Southern Kiwi

    thing Guest

    Southern Kiwi wrote:
    > How do I turn those annoying bandwidth wasting crap ads off?

    remove the macromedia and flash plugins.

    Mostly these seem to be there for ads, some sites I cannot get into, but
    if I cant i consider it their loss and a price I am prepared to pay for
    minimalising the ads.

    regards

    Thing

    thing, Jul 1, 2005

  3. Southern Kiwi

    Allistar Guest

    Southern Kiwi wrote:

    > How do I turn those annoying bandwidth wasting crap ads off?

    If you are using Firefox you can get a flash blocker extension. Works well.

    Allistar.

    Allistar, Jul 1, 2005
  4. In article <42c5ae30$>,
    southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com says...
    > How do I turn those annoying bandwidth wasting crap ads off?

    Using the Proxomitron proxy filter - with the macromedia flash killer
    filter enabled. All I ever see of those things is a wee tag on the
    webpage as displayed [flash] which is even a clickable link to run the
    thing if I want to.

    Speeds up loading of some sites by a huge margin.

    -P.

    Peter Huebner, Jul 2, 2005
  5. Southern Kiwi

    mark Guest

    thing <> wrote in news:42c5b3fa$:

    > Subject: Re: Macromedia Flash Ads
    > From: thing <>
    > Newsgroups: nz.comp
    >
    > Southern Kiwi wrote:
    >> How do I turn those annoying bandwidth wasting crap ads off?
    >>

    > remove the macromedia and flash plugins.
    >
    > Mostly these seem to be there for ads, some sites I cannot get into, but
    > if I cant i consider it their loss and a price I am prepared to pay for
    > minimalising the ads.
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Thing

    Same. I also use the "block images from" command in Firefox to prevent
    annoying animated pictures being displayed by advertising sites. Makes web
    browsing speedier and less annoying :)

    Mark

    mark, Jul 2, 2005
  6. Southern Kiwi

    J.wilson Guest

    J.wilson, Jul 2, 2005
  7. "Southern Kiwi" <southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > How do I turn those annoying bandwidth wasting crap ads off?

    Thanks everyone

    Southern Kiwi, Jul 2, 2005