    camera, but also would like to have strong macro capability (fairly
    weak on my current camera). Any suggestions ?

    TIA
    Charles L. Snyder, Sep 7, 2003

  2. Charles L. Snyder

    m Guest

    Charles L. Snyder wrote:
    > hi
    > I have a camedia c3030. Am considering new digital camera. Have looked
    > at reviews in all the standard sites. I need a good 'all around'
    > camera, but also would like to have strong macro capability (fairly
    > weak on my current camera). Any suggestions ?
    >
    > TIA

    Check out Sony Mavicas if you don't mind 'em big and klunky.
    I mostly take studio shots with mine, so have no problem
    with that.
    Cheers,
    http://www.mbstevens.com/camera.html
    m, Sep 7, 2003

  3. Charles L. Snyder

    Charlie D Guest

    In article <070920031045046337%>,
    "Charles L. Snyder" <> wrote:

    > I have a camedia c3030. Am considering new digital camera. Have looked
    > at reviews in all the standard sites. I need a good 'all around'
    > camera, but also would like to have strong macro capability (fairly
    > weak on my current camera). Any suggestions ?

    If you believe your 3030 is weak in macro capability I assume you don't
    use macro attachments and want the macro built-in.

    If you like the menu layout and handling of your 3030 I suggest you buy
    an Oly 5050. It has a good "super macro" mode and the other capabilities
    are so much better tan the 3030 you'll be pleasantly surprised.

    I bought my 5050 when my 2020 broke and was amazed at the improvements.
    Go to the Oly site and download the PDF manual for the 5050.

    --
    Charlie Dilks
    Newark, DE USA
    Charlie D, Sep 7, 2003