    (My DSLR is a Pentax DS and I've got a suitable lens.)

    Collin
    KC8TKA

    Cheesehead, Apr 13, 2006

  2. Cheesehead

    tomm42 Guest

    Cheesehead wrote:
    > While saving for a slide scanner
    > I'm considering using a macro arrangement to digitize slides.
    > Has anyone here done this?
    > (My DSLR is a Pentax DS and I've got a suitable lens.)
    >
    > Collin
    > KC8TKA

    Best way is to find an old slide duplicator. Bessler had a good one, an
    enlarging lens is better than a standard macro lens (you need a real
    macro lens). Piece of cake after that. BUT most slide scanners will
    make a bigger file, remember your pentax will only make a 9x6x300ppi
    file. If that doesn't bother you should work well, some folks have said
    a slide scanner gives better files, but they methods haven't been the
    best. Another duplicator is a Bowens Illumatrans, some came with a
    fixed back, so be sure before you buy.

    Tom

    tomm42, Apr 13, 2006

  3. Cheesehead

    Sheldon Guest

    "Cheesehead" <> wrote in message
    > While saving for a slide scanner
    > I'm considering using a macro arrangement to digitize slides.
    > Has anyone here done this?
    > (My DSLR is a Pentax DS and I've got a suitable lens.)
    >
    > Collin
    > KC8TKA

    I have a slide copier that I used to use with my Nikon macro lens and 35mm,
    but when I use it with my DSLR it crops the slide due to the x1.5 factor.
    You might be able to rig something up using a piece of frosted glass or
    white translucent plastic, mount it at a slight angle and tape something
    down to hold a slide in place and use a tripod and macro lens.

    Mine would work with a plastic or cardboard tube and some surgery on the
    slide copier.

    Sheldon, Apr 13, 2006