    Squibbly Guest

    anyone know of any good lense(s) for this camera, basically i want to take
    photos at close range to an object

    Squibbly, Jul 9, 2007

  2. Squibbly

    Charles Guest

    "Squibbly" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > anyone know of any good lense(s) for this camera, basically i want to take
    > photos at close range to an object

    I like my Sigma 105 1:2.8 macro.

    Charles, Jul 9, 2007

  3. Squibbly

    Jim Guest

    "Squibbly" <> wrote in message
    > anyone know of any good lense(s) for this camera, basically i want to take
    > photos at close range to an object

    Canon

    Jim

    Jim, Jul 9, 2007
  4. Squibbly wrote:
    > anyone know of any good lense(s) for this camera, basically i want to
    > take photos at close range to an object

    How large an object? How critical is the output? How much is it worth
    to you for professional quality vs. very good quality vs OK quality?

    With out more information the best I can offer is a macro lens of about
    100 mm focal length?

    --
    Joseph Meehan

    Dia 's Muire duit

    Joseph Meehan, Jul 9, 2007
  5. Squibbly

    dwight Guest

    "Joseph Meehan" <> wrote in message
    > Squibbly wrote:
    >> anyone know of any good lense(s) for this camera, basically i want to
    >> take photos at close range to an object

    > How large an object? How critical is the output? How much is it worth
    > to you for professional quality vs. very good quality vs OK quality?
    >
    > With out more information the best I can offer is a macro lens of about
    > 100 mm focal length?
    >
    > --
    > Joseph Meehan
    >
    > Dia 's Muire duit

    Yeah, I had forgotten how much fun that lens was... Here ya go, Squibbly.

    http://www.tfrog93.com/digitals/lenses/100mm/100mm.htm

    dwight

    dwight, Jul 10, 2007
  6. Squibbly

    Guest

    On Jul 9, 12:47 pm, "Squibbly" <> wrote:
    > anyone know of any good lense(s) for this camera, basically i want to take
    > photos at close range to an object

    Almost any macro lens will do, if you want it for photographing
    documents then a 50 or 60mm is fine, if you want to photograph bugs,
    then a 150-200mm is best. If you need external lighting for 1:1
    magnification then 80-105mm work well. All the macros on the market
    are good lenses. Used lenses are often a good alternative.

    Tom

    , Jul 10, 2007
  7. Squibbly

    Squibbly Guest

    mainly plants, flowers and insects, also, like the bumble bees, spiders and
    their webs etc....

    Squibbly, Jul 10, 2007
  8. Squibbly

    Squibbly Guest

    awesome cheers for that

    Squibbly, Jul 10, 2007
  9. Squibbly

    Squibbly Guest

    ok sounds like a job for the ebay market here cheers again

    Squibbly, Jul 10, 2007
  10. Squibbly

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Mon, 9 Jul 2007 17:47:31 +0100, "Squibbly" <> wrote:
    : anyone know of any good lense(s) for this camera, basically i want to take
    : photos at close range to an object

    How do people feel about the Canon 60mm f/2.8? I'm thinking of getting one for
    my wife (whose macro photography runs mainly to flowers, not bugs).

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Jul 14, 2007